9. Hold My Hand

"Why doesnt Rhaenyra love her husband?"

"Thats a good question." Aelsa agreed. Ollivander stared back at her. "Oh you wanted a good answer?"

"Yeah mum." Ollivander agreed. "Shes embarrassing the velaryons and the king. Making the crown look bad and by extension the council and by further extension-"

"I look flawless and you know it mister." Aslsa countered.

"Why doesnt uncle harwin see thats hes hurting jace and luke?"

"Hes not as smart as you." Aelsa answered. "The both of them."

"I am really smart." Ollivander agreed. 

"You want to come to the council meeting today? YOu can be my co hand?" 

"Like lord Otto Hightower was." Ollivander agreed. Aelsa smiled down at him. 

"Yes." Aelsa agreed. "He was my assistant." Aelsa agreed. Otto would have loved to hear that. Aelsa both smiled and felt a pang in her heart thinking of Otto. Talking of Otto with Ollivander. 

"Aelsa, you brought a helper today." Viserys remarked. 

"I did." Aelsa agreed. She brought a hand to Ollivanders shoulder. He smiled back at Viserys. 

"Hello your grace." He answered. 

"Welcome Ollivander." Viserys remarked. 

"He is going to be my Otto today." Aelsa informed him when he glanced to Lila running in. "Lila wanted to get the cups out." Lila ran to the cabinet and pouted back at her mother. 

"Someone did it already." LIla informed her. Lila rooted her hands on her hips. 

"THen I guess your job is done." Aelsa remarked. "Good job honey." Lila was only four and Aelsa wasnt putting her in charge of filling cups although Lila wanted to, she spilled more than she made it into the cups, they learned the lesson. Lila nodded running back out. "FIND DADDY!" Aelsa instructed. "Or Uncle Alaric!" 

"YEP!" Lila shouted back. 

"Alright," Aelsa remarked as she took a seat, Ollivander sat to her right smiling back at her as he got his quill ready. "Shall we begin?" 

"Aelsa?" Tyland questioned. "Do we have a problem?" Aelsa turned her head staring back at him. "THe council meeting ended half hour ago, you havent moved." He informed her. "Whats going through your head?" Aelsa looked to Ollivander as he read through old council documents. 

"I have got 99 problems and about 82 of them are completely made up scenarios in my head that I'm stressed out about for no logical reason at all."  Aelsa admitted. Tyland wasnt expecting that. 

ABout 80 of those made up scenarios involved Otto Hightower but the rest were completely real problems. Two other illogical scenarios where her children leaving her forever and Larys wanting her to stop working so hard and take a step back from the capital. Both of which she knew were stupid to think about because Larys was perfect and her children needed her. 

"But my work my job, no we dont have a problem. I'm solid." Aelsa assured. 

"Ollivander you did good today." Tyland remarked. 

"Thanks." Ollivander agreed. 

"My boy is going to be master of coin in no time." Aelsa declared. 

"I'm still waiting on that allowance thing." Ollivander reminded her. 

"I want a proper system." Aelsa countered. "Chores for compensation." 

"Deal." Ollivander agreed. "Wait what type of compensation?" 

"I was hoping candy would work on you like it did with Lila." Aelsa mused. 

"Mum," Ollivander begged. 

"Alright, alright, I think we can manage an allowance for you." Aelsa agreed. "You will need to know how to manage money, how to bargain how to trade, how to get people to give you money- the iron bank." Aelsa remarked. 

"I got you to give me money." Ollivander reminded her. "The iron bank would be putty in my hands." 

"He has your confidence." Tyland agreed. "I should get going." 

"Bye Ty." Aelsa agreed. Ollivander waited until they were alone. "You ready?"

"You did seem quiet today." Ollivander remarked. 

"I wanted to see you at work." Aelsa offered hugging him. It both made her happy and terribly sad seeing Ollivander sit beside her, like Otto used to. How they would bounce ideas off each other, how they would start the day wrapped up in each others embrace... Aelsa pushed the thought from her mind. 

"You are a natural. Just like me." Aelsa declared. "I'm proud of you baby." 

"You really think one day I could be a master of coin?" Ollivander questioned as they walked. 

"Set your goals high," Aelsa reminded him. "I did."

"You will never believe what I heard today." Larys remarked kissing Aelsa's cheek. 

"Oh gossip already." Aelsa answered leaning into him. "Atticus! Enough flirting time to go!" Atticus winked at the girl he was talking to before running off. 

"I think we are boyfriend, girlfriend now." Atticus remarked happily. "She said I can hold her hand whenever I want." 

"Wow, thats a big step in the relationship." Larys remarked. "I dont think your mother ever told me that." Aelsa rolled her eyes. 

"Larys you can hold my hand whenever you want." Aelsa assured and he grabbed her hand. He gave her hand a tight squeeze. 

When Aelsa was with her kids and Larys, she didnt think about Otto, she didnt think about what could have been because she really did like the way thing were. She loved Larys, loved their family. If only Ollivander didnt remind Aelsa of Otto with his every breath.