30. Just a Game

Lovebomb/ Bronn out now!

Aegon and Helaena were having a piss poor wedding. Neither of them were happy about this but this a mothers duty to ruin her childrens life. 

They were feasting and drinking away the night, Aegon looked very drunk but aelsa knew they needed it to get through what was to come. She moved to Aemond and wrapped an arm around him. 

"YOu liked her." Aelsa realized. 

"I love Helaena. Aegon doesnt deserve her." Aemond agreed. 

"You are such a good boy, Aemond. You are going to make a lady really happy one day." Aelsa assured. 

"Aegon is going to make Helaena's life hell." Aemond countered. 

"Possibly." Aelsa admitted. "But..."

"BUt?"

"I dont know I was trying to find a positive." Aelsa admitted. 

"And?" Aemond questioned. 

"I'm still thinking." 

"otto is staring at you unabashedly." Tyland remarked. Aelsa rolled her eyes to find Otto's gaze on her. 

"I look hot." Aelsa answered. 

"Aelsa, come on, put an end to that." Tyland murmured. "He's your ex, things can't end well between you two-"

"Yes, I know that he's my ex but can't two people reconnect? I only see him as a friend. . ." Aelsa assured. "Excuse me I have the handsomest little boy to dance with." Aelsa moved to Ollivander and held him to her. He smiled into her. "You having fun?" 

"Yeah, more fun than the bride and groom. Thats for sure." Ollivander remarked softly. 

"I tried and failed at talking Alicent out of it." Aelsa agreed. 

"Aemond really likes Helaena, its weird since they are siblings but Aemond assured me its totally normal." Ollivander remarked. "But that would be like Atti and Lila together and thats just-"

"Targaryen." Aelsa agreed. "Very Targaryen. Find a lovely lady thats not your baby sister." 

"Oh trust me, Girls still have cooties." Ollivander countered. 

"I wish Atticus had your same though process." Aelsa remarked. 

"Can I steal a dance?" Otto questioned. 

"I dont-" Aelsa began but Ollivander shrugged heading off. 

"I dont bite." Otto assured stepping into Ollivanders spot. "He is a good dancer." 

"I taught me boys, said it was the way to a womans heart." Aelsa agreed. 

"Is your husband a good dancer?" Otto questioned. Otto was a good dancer, Ollivander moved like him, that was clear. Their builds were similar, Aelsa wished the world would not start to see the similarities. 

"Yes." Aelsa answered although it was a half lie. Larys tried but his leg dragged just like Alaric's did. Alaric decided thats why he couldnt woe a woman because he wouldnt be able to dance his way into her heart. 

"Excuse me i need... find my husband." Aelsa decided feeling her heart rate rise at the close proximity of Otto pressed up against her. 

"Aelsa, I think we are partied out." Larys remarked, Aelsa sat beside him running a hand through his hair. 

"I will get the boys." Aelsa agreed. 

"No, let them have fun." Larys countered looking to Ollivander and Atticus jumping around with Aemond. "I however have to drop this little off at home," Larys remarked. Aelsa pressed a kiss to Lila's cheek as she blinked hard trying to stay away. 

"I can stay up." Lila assured. 

"It's okay honey," Aelsa countered. "It's bedtime. I will bring you back some extra cake." Lila nodded. 

"Night mommy.' Lila yawned out. 

'Night honey," larys added kissing Aelsa gently. 

"Night." Aelsa answered, Otto was quick to fill their spot with a refill for Aelsas glass. "Otto-"

"I know things will never be the same, how they were." Otto assured. "But," he added. Oh no, Aelsa thought tensing slightly. "What do you miss?" Otto questioned. "I'm sure there are a multitude of things you miss about how it used to be..."

"Yeah I guess." Aelsa agreed. "Pre kids... I miss the sex." she drunkenly admitted. Otto rose his glass to his lips. 

"I miss the conversation." He smirked.

"The conversation? We didn't talk. We had sex." Aelsa corrected. "HAD past tense." she clarified. 

"Not true. We talked about life. We talked about relationships and religion. We talked about politics too. I know you have some interesting views on it as well, you have changed a lot as have I. You might be surprised." Otto remarked.

"I'm sure I would be." Aelsa couldn't hide her grin. Life felt right ... in place with Otto. She couldn't explain it. Just a feeling. That was the feeling he so expertly gave her.

"Goodnight drunk couple!" Atticus declared as Aegon stumbled off, Helaena walked on sluggish feet. 

"Bed for you too!" Aelsa reminded him. "Come on, Olli you too!"

"I'm having a sleep over!" Ollivander corrected. 

"Oh are you?" Aelsa questioned. 

"Yeah, Aemond and I are going to stay up, thats okay right? We will be responsible." Ollivander added. 

"Stay up doing what?" Otto pondered. 

"Aemond found a new book." Ollivander remarked. 

"Yes, of course," Aelsa agreed. "Atticus can stay too right? He's going to pass out before I can get him home." 

"Yeah, Aemond and I will drop him in a bed." Ollivander agreed. "Thanks mum." He pressed a kiss to her cheek before fetching his brother. 

"Well the children are settled... How about a night cap and a game?" Otto questioned nodding to the chess board. Aelsa's lips twisted. "Just a game." 

The world was a game, Aelsa played it well but her game was tilted when it came  to Otto. 

"Just a game." Otto cooed setting up the board. 

Move after move it was just a game but the look he gave her from across the board those longing glances, that gentle touch of her foot against his leg under the table. It was still just a game above board but below... she was going to explode. 

Aelsa only saw him as a friend... then she tripped and fell into his bed.