11. Golden Son

"Thank you for joining us." Lyonel remarked happily. He smiled down at Lila. She waved up at him.

"Hi gramps!" Lila hugged his leg quick before running to her spot at the table.

"Thank you for the invitation." Aelsa countered sweetly. Harwin smiled back at Atticus as he told him about his date.

"My man." Harwin agreed giving him a high five.

"You are a charmer like your daddy." Aelsa added as her hand moved to Larys thigh. Atticus looked at his parents and nodded. If Larys could get someone as pretty as his mum then he supposed he did get his fathers charms.

"Mr Lion doesnt have a spot!" Lila announced. "Move Atticus!" 

"Where am I supposed to sit?" atticus countered. 

"On the floor." Lila answered. 

"Lila!" Atticus demanded. 

"MOVE!" lila demanded. "Mr Lion needs a spot!" 

"He's a stuffed animal." Atticus corrected. Lila gasped covering mr lions ears. 

"Dont you talk like that around my babied!" Lila demanded. 

"You can have my seat Atticus." Ollivander offered. 

"Mr LIon could sit in your lap LIla." Larys suggested. 

"He's really messy and I got my pretty dress on." Lila corrected touching the red fabric. 

"We are off to a great start." Aelsa remarked. 

"Is this how must suppers go?" Lyonel questioned. 

"Mr Lion has his own chair at home." Ollivander corrected. Lyonel looked to Aelsa for confirmation that a stuffed animal got a seat at the table. 

Aelsa shrugged, smirked and gave Lyonel an awkward thumbs up before tipping back her glass and finishing her drink.

Larys couldnt help his laugh, as Aelsa looked to him, kissed him quickly before she laughed out too

Larys couldnt help his laugh, as Aelsa looked to him, kissed him quickly before she laughed out too. Larys had never thought this life was one for him. A life of family and love. Happiness and seeing his father actually proud of him. Lyonel smiled as he got up to get Mr Lion a stool. 

"What do you say to grandsire?" Larys questioned when Lyonel came back. 

"Thank you!" Lila declared. "Atticus say thank you, he got you a stool."

"He got Mr Lion a stool." Atticus corrected putting the lion on the stool. 

"He needs a chair-" Lila began to object. 

"Lila." Aelsa had a way of ending an argument with a single word. Lila's lips closed, her complaint fell from her lips. Aelsa's eyes drifted to the stool and back to Lila. Lila grumbled putting Mr Lion on the stool. "Thank you." Aelsa agreed. "Shall we say grace?" 

"Excellent idea." Lyonel agreed. 

"Ollivander would you like to say it?" Larys questioned. Ollivander nodded as they all grabbed hands. 

"Bless the food before us, the hands that made it and the people and stuffies around the table on this happy night. " Ollivander remarked. 

"Short and sweet, wonderful." Aelsa agreed reaching out for him. Ollivander smiled his gaze shifting to her. "Ollivander wants to be on the small council and he has to get used to public speaking if he is going to get on the council." 

"He got Larys fear of public speaking?" Harwin mused. 

"I'm not scared." Ollivander corrected. "I just dont like it." 

"Yes, he gets that from me." Larys agreed. "But Ollivander has his mothers leadership skills." Larys assured. "Careful father he will be taking your spot on the council in no time."

"I would be honored to one day be replaced by my grandson." Lyonel assured. "Master of coin? Not master of ships like your mothers cousin Tyland."

"He picks a different top each moon it seems. I think he is coming for my job." Aelsa teased. 

"It's important to know things about... all things." Ollivander agreed. 

"He gets that from Larys." Aelsa declared. 

"Larys always had a way of finding things out that he wasnt supposed to." Harwin murmured. 

"Atticus, Harwin tells me you are training with the princes." Lyonel remarked. "I see you in the courtyard." 

"And he says I'm doing good right? We train almost every day." Atticus agreed. 

"He says you are doing great!" Lyonel agreed.

"This is good." Aelsa said as she stabbed her fork into the fish. 

"This used to have a face." Lila whispered staring down at the fish flay before her. 

"Mr Lion loves fish." Larys reminded her. "And you are a lion like mommy," LIla looked to Aelsa as she took another bite of the fish. Lila poked her fork into it and took a little bite. "Well?"

"It is good. Mr Lion was right." LIla decided. Larys chuckled. 

Larys liked that he was the successful son. He was the son that had his life together. Had a wife and children. Had a family, had something he was proud to call his own. He used to hate family suppers because harwin was the golden boy but now Harwin was the outcast. Was larys the golden boy? He felt like the chosen one with Aelsa by his side. 

"Thank you for supper." Aelsa remarked as she picked up Lila. Lila wrapped her arms around Aelsa's neck, her hands dangling behind Aelsa's back, Mr Lion swinging in her grasp. "We will have to do this again." Lila yawned out. 

"We will." Lyonel agreed giving her a polite peck on the cheek. 

"Remember the chair next time uncle Harwin." Lila insisted. 

"I will remember, LIla." Harwin assured petting her hair. 

"Roar." lila whispered shaking mr lion towards harwin. 

"Night, Aelsa." Harwin added kissing her cheek. 

"Harwin, see you tomorrow." Aelsa agreed. 

"Larys," Lyonel shook his hand. "I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, father." Larys answered before looking to Harwin. Harwin gave him a tight lipped nod from the table. Larys mirrored him before moving to Aelsa and the kids. 

"Oh Lyonel, if Rhaenyra doesnt pop out another bastard we are having a meeting tomorrow." Aelsa said bluntly and Larys had to turn away from his family so they couldnt see his smile, the laugh he tried so hard to contain. Lyonel cleared his throat his gaze unintentionally going to Harwin. 

"Of course." Lyonel agreed. 

"Say goodnight." Aelsa instructed as they headed out. The kids chorused goodnight before the door sealed shut. Lyonel and harwin left in the silence. 

"Father-"

"Don't." Lyonel countered. 

"I hear the princesses screams from here." Ollivander remarked when they got back to their home just outside the castle. 

"Ah the joys of labor." Aelsa agreed. "She will be laboring for hours no doubt."

"Doesnt make you want another?" Larys questioned kissing her hand.

"We have three perfect children. Why add a fourth?" Aelsa countered as she put LIla down. 

"I am perfect." Lila agreed.

"Go get Mr Lion and Leo tucked in for bed." Aelsa urged. LIla ran off.  "Come on Husband, tuck me in."