*chapter-15*

"Sometimes suffering is just suffering, it doesn't make you stronger, it doesn't built character. It only hurts".       

               ◽◽◽◽

After a long painful night the day broke crisp and clear. As the morning dawned, the world slowly started waking up. For some it is a day of new hope and aspirations and for others it is another day of darkness. The sweet songs of birds started echoing in the morning. The rising sun cast a rosy hue in the morning sky and slowly began to shine on the city streets, marking the beginning of the early morning activity.

With a new dawn of autumn, The whole city started bustling, some were enjoying the fresh air while looking at the beauty of nature, some were leaving for work early to avoid the traffic, some were busy with their work and some were still lying on the bed.

Among those few people, there were two more people who were sleeping peacefully, forgetting their pain for some time.

On one hand, Ruhani was sleeping curled up on the couch with peace on her face and on the other hand, due to cold, Reyansh was sleeping uncomfortably on the sofa in the balcony. The rays of the rising sun were trying their best to disturb his sleep, but he snuggled further into the sofa to avoid the sun rays which were playing with his beautiful sleep.

After a few minutes, the door bell rang, hearing the bell sound Ruhani immediately opened her eyes and got a little scared for a few seconds, which is absolutely normal for her due to some incidents that happened in the past. She sometimes gets scared easily by small things.

She controlled her heartbeat and composed herself before opening the door. Avoiding the surroundings, she got up from the sofa and reached the door and opened it. She saw a man standing with a notepad and a letter in his hand, she looked at him confused to know the reason behind his presence.

"Good morning ma'am, this letter is for Mrs. Anuradha, I need her signature before delivering this letter to her", said the person standing at the door.

She nodded in response and unconsciously turned to call her mother, forgetting that she was no longer with her in this world.

“Mumma, there is a letter for you”, she called her mother.

"Mumma", she called again.

“Mumma”, she shouted again in defeat when she realised that her mother could not come when she called and could not listen to her.

With a blank face she was still looking towards her mother's room from where she expected her mother to come with the same smiling face and hug her tightly.

“Mumma please come back, I am missing you so much”, she murmured and sighed in defeat and sat helplessly on the floor with tears in her eyes.

When Ruhani tried to call her mother, Reyansh also woke up after hearing her voice. He was looking at her sitting helplessly from the balcony, he did not go near her, and let out her emotions which he knows she was trying to suppress from last few days but seeing her in this condition broke his heart.

He couldn't see her crying like this and ran towards her to console her, he looked at the man standing at the door who couldn't understand the situation clearly and didn't know what to do. Reyansh asked him to come after a few days and sent him back.

He sat at her level and hugged her tightly and tried to console her by rubbing his hand on her back. His heart ached at the sight of her helpless state.

She is startled by his sudden hug, but soon she realises who he is and she hugs him even more because this comforting embrace is the only thing she needs most at the moment.