Chapter 2

[Hyunjin's POV]

I'm walking through the mall with Seungmin. We're just shopping for the nth time this week and again, we bought some stuff. And again, I'm the one who bought the most.

We're walking with our bags along some shops. We've been into every shop here and we've grown bored.

"Should we go to the cinema? Haven't been there in a long time," Seungmin suggests. I actually find that a pretty good idea, so we're on our way to the cinema in the mall.

We arrive, buy some tickets for some horror movie, and walk to the snack area.

"We can share a box of popcorn? I'm not that hungry anyways," the boy next to me confesses. I agree and we take some popcorn and two drinks. We walk to the checkout and Jisung is there.

"Hey man, working I see?" Jisung doesn't look very happy, but I figure it's something with his parents so I don't dare to say anything about it.

"Well, anything to avoid my parents. Changbin should have a shift as well but I haven't seen him around, have you two been in contact with him recently?" Me and Seungmin shake our heads 'no' and Jisung sighs.

"Well, enjoy your time and don't forget to come by at the end." The boy next to me and I wave at him and walk to the right room to go watch our film.

~~~

I'm walking through my street, going home. Once I'm at the front of my house, I take out my keys and open the door, walking inside.

My parents are watching tv and look up when they hear the door open and close.

"Good, you're back. I saw you gave out a lot of money again today," my dad calls out to me.

My parents gave me a credit card from their bank account a long time ago, and I'm just seeing the benefits from it. They're not entirely happy with it, though.

"Well, I also bought something for you guys if that makes you happy," I reply to try to calm my parents.

My mother sighs and gets up from the couch, walking up to me.

"Honey, do you really think you need that much stuff? There are people out there fighting for money and yet you're here, spending it like it's nothing." Of course I know people have money problems, but I do stuff about that as well.

"I know, Changbin is one of them. I want to give him money when needed but most of the time he refuses," I explain. My parents seem not to be satisfied with it, though.

"You're spending all our money on useless things, I think it's time for you to finally understand what to do with your money." My father also gets up from the couch and stands next to my mother.

They're looking me straight in the eye, but I have no idea what they want from me.

"I think it's time for you to, first, get an own credit card. And second, make a life out of it. So, I think it's time for you to find a place to stay on your own."

Okay, I didn't see that coming. They want to throw me out of the house?

"I suggest you find your own place, and we will help with that when needed, but we will not give you extra money for it. Understood?" my father says, looking at me. I gulp and nod.

"Okay then, you can go." I didn't waste a minute and went upstairs to my room.

Once inside, I put my bags away and start thinking about the options I have.

I can actually find a place for my own, but do I have enough money for that? No. I never made money on my own.

Ugh, I shouldn't have bought that many clothes and I should've found some kind of job, since I'm 23.

Too late, I guess.

Then, an idea pops in my head.

I can just move in with a friend of mine until I do find a solid place to stay. And the only friend that actually has space enough for his own is Chan.

Kkami comes into my room and jumps on my bed, laying next to me.

"Do you want to stay with Chan hyung?"

[Seungmin's POV]

After shopping with Hyunjin, I go back to my home. I walk inside the house and see my parents in the living room. They don't seem to notice me, so I walk up to them.

"I'm home," I call out, but they don't look away from the screen in front of them.

Wow, is Netflix really that more important to them then their own son?

"Hey kiddo," is the only thing my dad says to me. I scoff and look between both my parents.

I'm kind of done with their behavior. They had me, but they think doing the holy things and giving birth is the only thing you have to do for your kid.

I have been taking care of myself since I'm able to. My parents never take care of me or even look in my way. They don't care for a single thing in my life, and it hurts me to know they don't love me.

So I'm sick of it, I don't want to live here even longer.

Without actually having a plan, I go up to my room and pack whatever I want to take with me. I leave some things behind, but don't forget to pack the most useful and precious things.

I walk back down with my suitcase and put on my shoes and coat again.

"Bye mom and dad, I'm leaving this place, I'm going to live somewhere else. I know you don't give a shit, but just so you know. Now you're finally rid of me. Adios."

I unlock the door and throw my keys inside, not wanting to be the owner of them ever again.

"Take care," is the last thing I hear from my mother. I know it shouldn't hurt, because I'm used to it, but it still does.

I didn't notice that I have been crying until I feel a tear drop down my cheek. I take a moment to get some air and then I walk away from my house, which is no longer mine.

By mom and dad, I hope to never see you again.