Chapter 19

[Jeongin's POV]

Now that we've arrived in the parking space at our house, I start to question if this really is a good idea. 

While I was giving my parents the instruction of how to drive to my new residence, I texted Chan to warn him about the situation. He said it was okay and he would tell the others to be a little more mature than they usually are, which calms me a little.

My parents get out of the car and I follow their actions close by. I shut the door and walk up to the front door. My parents look at the house with a confused look on their faces. "How in the world could you afford this?" my mother asks while I grab my keys. I put it in the door, turn it, and open the door. "Just come in, it will clarify it for itself."

I walk in the house with my parents following me in. There are no more books and school stuff hanging around the area. Biggest chance is that Seungmin already tied up the house and I'm glad he did.

I shut the door when my parents are both in the hall and lock it. I hang up my coat, get my shoes off, and walk to the kitchen. 

Chan and Changbin are hanging at the counter, talking towards each other. I smile at them and they return the gesture. "Do we need to be all formal for your mom and dad?" Changbin asks and I shake my head. "They know you, no need to act different."

Both my mom and dad walk in the kitchen and look around, amazed. They spot the duo at the counter and seem a little surprised. "Hey, were you two waiting for Jeongin? Did we disturp something?" my dad asks, but Chan calms him down. "No need to worry, mr. Yang, you're not disturbing anything."

My parents both turn to face me and I take in a deep breath. "Mom, dad, I want you to re-meet two of my household members."

They both frown and look at each other. "Wait, what?" I chuckle softly and walk to the two guys hanging in the kitchen. "I'm living with my friends. Coincidental, we all needed a place to stay and Chan here was so generous to take us in his house," I explain and smile at Chan afterwards, which he gladly returns.

"This is your place, Chan?" my dad asks and Chan nods. "Well, technically, it's our place, but before the rest came here, I lived here alone," he politely answers.

My mom looks at me and a smile forms on her lips. She walks up to me and pats my head. "I see you all got it under control. Why didn't you just say so? You seem happy to be with these guys, we wouldn't forbid you to live here." I smile shyly and look at the ground. "I guess I thought you wouldn't like it." 

My dad comes up to us and places his hand on my shoulder. "We respect your decision and I have no doubt that these guys want also want the best for you." 

"True," Changbin begins. "We helped him with his exams for this week and I'm sure he did a great job this semester." I look at the two guys and they both smile at me, telling me they're proud of me. I smile back, thanking them.

We hear the front door open and close. "I'm back!" Jisung calls out from the hall and a few moments later he walks in the kitchen. He sees my parents and bows a little. "Mr. and mrs. Yang, been a long time since I've seen you two." 

He sees me and his eyes light up. He walks up to me with a bright smile. "Your exams are over! Now we do some fun stuff this weekend. What are your ideas?" he asks me, excited. I laugh and think of things to do. 

"I don't know. They have this party at campus but I also would love to just hang with you guys." Jisung nods his head and ruffles my hair before walking to the fridge to get some soda. 

"Do you two want to stay for dinner?" Chan asks my parents . They look at each other. "We still have a teenager at home, but he could also maybe join us?" Chan tends to talk back, but I'm already ahead of him. "I'm sure he can make some food for his own, he would probably not want to see me."

My mom turns her head to me and scoffs. "Of course he wants to, you're still his older brother, you know? I'll just call him." And with that, my mom walks out of the kitchen, ready to call my brother to come over. My dad turns to me and pats my back. "So, what's new in my son's life?"

~~~

It's evening and my parents and brother just went back home. I let myself fall on the couch, next to Felix, and exhale loudly. "That was absolutely something," I confess. Minho grabs the remote and sits next to Hyunjin. "I thought it went well. They support you and all, that's a good thing. And they didn't force you to move out even slightly," he explains. 

The boy besides me ruffles my hair and chuckles. "Don't be so stressed. You're still their son so they want the best for you. Now let's watch a movie." 

Minho puts on a random anime and everyone sits down. Jisung looks around the room at us and speaks up. "Anyone want some popcorn?"