Chapter 15

[Hyunjin's POV]

I reach the front door and turn the key in the keyhole, opening the door. I step into the house and got met by two dogs. I bend down to pet them.

I stand up straight again and walk into the kitchen where Chan, Minho, and Felix are. Minho is cooking and Felix helps him. Chan sees me and puts his phone away.

"There you are," he starts. "Did you have fun with your parents?" Minho looks up from his pan of food and looks at me. "You went to your parents?" I nod and the older chuckles. "Weird action for you to do, but do what you gotta do."

I walk to the counter and sit at one of the high chairs, facing the two at the stove, and Chan sits next to me. "It went well, they said that it's good that we help each other out a little." Chan smiles and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"It's not really like I had any choice, but I'm glad we are all together at last. I'm actually starting to like the craziness in house. And a little help with everything is not bad either." Minho looks at Chan and gives him a wink before going back to cooking.

Jeongin comes in with his laptop and stands next to me, placing the device on the counter. "Do any of you have any knowledge in art history?" Minho and Felix shrug and Chan looks at the youngest's screen. He scoffs and back away. "No idea what that all means."

I walk over to the younger and look over his shoulder at the laptop. "I can try to help you with that. Let's sit at the table."

~~~

Jeongin and I went through his homework for art history and I actually came in handy. We're finally done when Jisung and Changbin come in to lay the table.

"Playing tutor, I see?" Changbin questions while laying some plates at the chairs. I face him and scoff. "I can help with some stuff, okay?"

Jisung smiles and puts down a wooden plate. "Jeongin, when are mid-terms? Your semester must almost be over by now," he reminded.

The youngest lays his head on his arms and groans. "In two weeks or so and I have absolute no idea what to do. I mean, everyone already starts stressing in college and sharing their study techniques while I'm here not knowing what mine is."

I could see he is stressed. Finals are essential and can put on a lot of stress. Now I have been to college as well so I know the pain and I want to help the younger with his problems.

"Is there anything we can help with?" Changbin spoke as Jisung sat next to Jeongin. The latter raises his head again and sighs. "If you could, that would be very helpful. I also have assignments to catch up on, so there's a lot of work to do in two weeks and I have no idea how to make it work."

I look at Jisung and he at me. We smile to each other and I nod. "Let's put on teacher mode," the latter smirked and I give him a high five. Changbin walks up to us three and hits Jisung lightly on his upper arm. "But first, dinner."

We're sitting with the eight of us at the table, eating dinner. It's never peaceful at these moments, since all of us are pretty chaotic. So, whenever we're all together and no film is on, you won't hear any silence.

So while we're having a conversation with the eight of us, Jisung is singing out loud, Felix is patting and talking to Bbama, Minho is holding a grip onto Seungmin for being 'annoying', and Kkami decided to bark to Soonie, who is just staring back at the dog.

"So," Chan starts, "Jeongin wants to get tutored by the rest of us?" Me and Jisung share a look and I raise my eyebrows at him.

The youngest of the group nods and shoves another too big bite into his mouth. "I only have one semester after this and there's a big change I'm not going to make it. And if I don't, my mom will surely kill me while my brother is watching happily at the situation."

Chan puts his chopsticks down and sighs. "You do know that that's your own fault, right?" Jeongin takes a deep breath and nods. "I know."

Minho hits Seungmin on the shoulder as he pouts. The oldest of the two faces the rest again to join the converstation again and looks between Jeongin and Chan. "Well, we're not going to split assignments, Jeongin has to attend and do most of the work for every one of them." Jeongin nods and raises a thumb in the air.

The cat-lover returns the movement and continues talking. "And, of course, he needs to know all the material. We will just split the classes between us and help Jeongin out when he needs it." He faces the youngest again. "But don't ask for help while we're working, you need to plan it well."

Jeongin gulps and nods at the older. The latter smiles at him and grabs a piece of food up with his chopsticks. "Then that's settled."

Chan looks at Minho, surprised. "Now where have you learned how to be a dad of a college student?"

"Practice makes work, baby," Minho replies. "And besides, it helps him to learn how to plan stuff. If he messes this up as well, he shall see what's coming. Right, Seungmin?" Everyone turns to the second youngest and he throws his hands in the air. "For my defence, one college year more was really delicate for me."

Minho rolls his eyes and Jisung gets up. He grabs his plate, fork, knife, and glass and leaves into the kitchen. After a minute of discussion at the table, he returns with a bag. "Now sorry to bail on the really interesting conference, I have an appointment to go to. See ya!"

Jisung leaves the room and the three oldest stand up to clean the table. Minho raises an eyebrow at me, which probably means that if I don't help, I'll get microwaved. So, for my own sake, I get up and stock the plates on one pile.

Jeongin looks at his phone and points to the ceiling. "First up, Felix hyung will help me with English literature."