Chapter 12

[Chan's POV]

Ugh, finally done.

I close my computer and shut everything off before leaving the studio and heading home after a long work day.

I'm walking through the parking lot, looking for my car. I finally found it in the middle of the numerous other, more expensive, cars.

I get in and Spotify already starts playing, lighting my mood a little. Just when I push in the accelerator, the music stops and a caller ID pops up, the one from Jeongin. I answer the call and hear some stumbling on the other side.

"Hey hyung, I was wondering if you could pick me up from school? The buses don't drive today, since they're protesting or something."

"How did you get to school in the morning, then?"

"Minho hyung drove me."

"I'm on my way. Be there in 10, okay?"

"That's great, thank you, hyung!" is the last thing he says before ending the call again, which makes the music continue.

After 10 minutes of listening to music, I arrive at the Art school, students walking around. One figure starts approaching the car and I could only guess it's Jeongin.

The door of the passenger's seat swings open and the younger gets in the car, giving me a smile while doing so.

"How was your day at college?" Jeongin sighs and puts the seatbelt around himself, securing it. "Exhausting. That group of people organized a dance off in the cafeteria. No one joined, only them. They're bad at dancing by the way."

I really question myself what happens in that school at times, but I also know I don't even want to know.

"How was work? Finished any songs that I can listen to?" Jeongin asks while wrinkling his eyebrows.

I roll my eyes and connect my phone to the box of the car, starting the new song I just finished for yet another K-pop group.

Jeongin is popping his head with the melody while listening to it. "What's the name of the song and for which K-pop group is it?"

I start the engine and drive away from the school. "Tinnitus for Tomorrow by Together," I answer, focusing on the road.

Jeongin gasps next to me and smiles. "Tomorrow by Together! Haven't heard you about them for a while now." I chuckle and the younger controls the music for the whole ride back home.

While back at the house, Jisung is the only one home. He is playing with the pets when we walk into the living room. He looks up from Bbama and smiles. "Hey, how was it at work and college?"

Jeongin drops his bag onto the floor, which makes a loud thud noice where the pets get startled from. "I fucking hate school, seriously." He leaves the room and I can hear him falling on the couch.

"And yours?" the squirrel-like boy asks me. "Did you have enough inspiration to continue your songs?"

I lay my bag next to Jeongin's and walk closer to Jisung. "I finished a song for txt, so I was on a roll today." I sit down on the ground next to him and pet Dori. "How was your day? Rested a little?"

Jisung sighs. "It was okay. I was home the whole day," he answers, looking down at Kkami.

"Netflix?" I hear Jeongin yell from the living room, making Jisung flinch a little. I study him to see if he's okay, but the scared face turns into a smile in a second. "Coming!"

The younger gets up and walks into the room the youngest is in, Bbama following close by.

I feel like he tries to hide that he still has trauma's from his parents, but I don't know how to get him to open up to me.

I guess it will just take some time.

~~~

It's already 11 pm and everyone is home, watching a talk show on the tv.

Everyone except for Felix.

"Where the hell is that kid? He can't possibly be still working, can he?" Minho groans, throwing his head back in frustration. Seungmin kicks him lightly on his upper left leg, not breaking eye contact with the screen in front of us. "He said that the dance teacher told them it would be a long day, so maybe he's just busy dancing."

"I'll try calling him and ask him when he will be home approximately," Changbin states, grabbing is phone from the table in front of the couch. He starts calling Felix's contact and brings the device to his right ear, waiting for the latter to pick up.

After some seconds, he lowers his phone. "Voicemail," he sighs, letting his phone fall on the couch.

"I bet he's busy," Hyunjin says. "He could be too busy to check his phone and put it on silent so he wouldn't get disrupted."

Seungmin gets up from the couch and stretches his limbs. "I'm going to bed, have to get up early tomorrow. Good night."

Minho gets up as well while grabbing Jeongin by his arm and pulls him off the couch as well. "Me too. And this kid also needs his sleep," he says sternly while looking the youngest right in the eyes.

"Good night, guys." Hyunjin says and the three leave the room. I turn my head to Jisung and see him fast asleep on the couch. "What are we going to do with him?"

"Let him sleep," Changbin answers. "If we carry him to his bed, he would probably wake up. Just cover him with a blanket and he would be okay. This couch lays really comfy anyways."

I grab a blanket and carefully cover Jisung with it, tucking him slightly in. I double check if he really lays comfortable and not in a weird position.

"We might need to get some rest as well. It's past eleven now," Hyunjin confesses. Changbin and I agree and we leave the room, shutting down the lights for Jisung.

~~~

I finished doing my night routine and lay in bed, sliding under the covers.

I hope Felix won't get home too late tomorrow.