Chapter 16

[Jeongin's POV]

"Which of the following graphs can be used for categorical variables: histogram, pie chart, stem and leaf, or time series?" Changbin asks aloud from the flashcard.

He is helping me with my math for finals. It's about statistics and to be total honest with you, I suck at math. I have no idea how someone can be good at it, it has to be a miracle, and you have to use that miracle. 

But I, obviously, don't have that little sparkle of knowledge on the subject. But, Chanbin is a good teacher.

We're sitting on the ground before the couch and next to the coffee table where I have placed my textbooks we used before. We sit across from each other and Changbin has flashing cards in his hands, which we go through every two days.

"Pie Chart?" I say more questioning then stating. Changbin nods impressed and moves the card to the back of the stock he's holding in his hands.

"Which of the following measures of center is affected by outliers: mean, median, mode, or standard deviation?" I think to our latest session and try to retrieve the exact moment he tells me the answer.

Kind of works, since I hear the words he said in my head and repeat, "mean." Changbin puts his right hand in the air for me to hit and I give him a high five.

Chan comes in with a cup of tea in his hands. "Good job, Jeongin, you're better than me at this rate," he comments and sits on the couch. Changbin looks at him and puts the cards on the table next to us. "He is getting better, I think he will nail his finals."

I sigh and get up to only fall on the couch 30 centimeter away from where I sat before. "Maybe math, but history and my art project is a whole other story." Chan leans forward and grabs my notebook where I've written my summaries in and leafs through the pages.

"We just need to learn timeline we made first, I think that will help you to see the overview of the whole story together. I think we need to bring flashcards in as well, they seem to work for you." I nod slowly, thinking everything over I still have to do.

Changbin gets up from the floor and stretches his limbs. "We're done for today. I'm going to check on the dogs," and he leaves the room. At the same time, Hyunjin and Seungmin walk in, talking. Hyunjin sits next to me and Seungmin settles before the couch where Changbin and I were just studying.

"This house really has turned into a study and college life place. Literally every room I enter, there are books, cards, and pens on some table," Seungmin states and I look around.

It indeed looks like a college dorm at the moment: people hanging and studying around together, talking about work and assignments, school stuff everywhere around the area, motivating stuff in every corner, and so on.

I did end up in a student domain, at last.

You're welcome, mom and dad.

Seungmin turns his head and therefore his upper body to me. "Done studying or do you need any help with something?" I look away from him and take a deep breath. 

I know I need every second to study to make it, but I'm exhausted from studying for 4 hours, only today. 

"Maybe tomorrow. I feel like I've done enough today and I'm mentally too exhausted for another round." Seungmin nods in understandment and grabs the remote, searching for some fun on the tv.

These guys really changed me in these two months living with them. And for the good. When I lived with my parents, I couldn't care less about anything that had to do with school. And look at me now, actually kind of enjoying the college life.

I noticed us getting closer as a group and individually as well. We were already close as a friend group, but you could feel and see duos and trios forming while we were together along the day and it were always the same ones. But now, we're all really together and I love to hang out with them even more.

You also see other groups hanging out than before. At first, I would never just hang out with two or three people, but now everyone hangs out with everyone.

Living with eight individuals and 5 pets tagging along is going smoother than I had imagined. I seriously though Chan would kick some of us out the house in less than a month, but we all got used to it quite fast and we all have our own tasks in the household. We really have found our way into living with each other.

Seungmin has settled on a talk show and Chan puts his now empty glass on the coffee table. I hear the front door open and close soon after. After a minute or so, Jisung walks in the room and lets himself fall on the couch between Hyunjin and Chan. 

"Im exhausted. First today, you," he looks at Chan, "and Changbin drag me with you to the gym, soon after I had to go to work, helped you again with your producing, helped you," he looks at me." with you art project, and then needed to go to my appointment." Hyunjin rests his hand on the latter's shoulder in comfort and chuckles. "Hard times."

"What's that apointment exactly?" Chan asks and Jisung shifts in his place, his legs starting to shake slightly. He looks down at his hands, which are playing with the rings around them. "I'm not entirely ready to talk about it, actually." Chan nods and smiles. 

I know he's concerned, but Jisung has to talk to us when he's ready.

I hit Jisung on his arm, needing to go around Hyunjin to do so, and the latter looks at me. "You haven't told me yet, how was the workout?"

Jisung groans and his legs stop shaking and his fingers stop playing with his rings. "I want to workout, but not already on that high level. I thought I was dying there." I laugh at him and scan him one last time to see if there's some anxiety going on, but it has cooled down.

I smile at myself for succeeding in letting Jisung feel a little more at ease and watch the show on the tv with Seungmin.