Chapter 24

[Minho's POV]

Whose idea was it to go ice skating with eight hyper kids?

Okay, I'll admit it, it was my idea, but I was just in the mood to see some people trip over their own feet and fall face first or butt first on the ground.

I don't know, sometimes I just need to see people suffer to feel a little better myself.

But anyways, we've arrived at the ice skating rink a few minutes ago and we came to the conclusion none of us can ice skate. Almost everyone took those racks to hold on to to hopefully fall a fewer times.

Doesn't change that I want to see them fall as well.

Seungmin and I have finally got the hang of it and got rid of the ranks. Hyunjin thought he could do so as well but is now holding onto Seungmin for dear life.

The younger one of the two is scolding the older one, but that doesn't stop Hyunjin from screaming through the area. Seungmin rolls his eyes and only moments later he gets tackled onto the ice by Hyunjin and now the two of them lay with their stomachs on the cold floor, the rest of us laughing at them.

Changbin and I are skating around together, leaving the rest behind who are going too slow for our liking. We were just joking around until the latter spots someone in the crowd, the smile on his face fading away. 

I follow Changbin's gaze and see his parents standing next to the rink, putting on their ice skates. 

I don't know his parents that well but I do know how the home situation was with them, so I turn a little worried for Changbin, looking back at him. He looks back at me and sighs. 

"You can just ignore them if you don't want to talk to them. They're not going to ruin your fun for you," I remind the younger boy. He smiles at me and shakes his head from left to right, slowly.

"I think I will feel better if I go talk to them. You know, to leave it behind me," Changbin replies and I nod my head. He skates off the ice skating rink and goes to talk with his parents. I look after him until someone grabs both my shoulders, yanking me forward.

Felix appears next to me and I release my breath. "Yeez dude, you scared the hell out of me," I blurt out to the younger, who laughs at me. "I'm sorry, hyung, but I wanted to acompany you," Felix remarks when giving me a side hug.

We've skated around together until we went looking for the other boys, all lost as litteral stray kids.

Felix finally spots Jisung talking to two taller figures off the ice. I can't make out who they are, since their backs are facing us. Jisung sees the two of us and Felix happily waves his hand at the older, who gives no responce back.

"That's weird," Felix begins. "Who are those people he's talking with?" I shrug and skate to Chan and Jeongin who were standing still on the ice in front of us.

They both look anxiously at Jisung and didn't notice our presence. Chan finally looks at me and nods his head to Jisung's direction. "That are his parents. I don't know what they want to do, but I'm scared to leave them alone. You never know what those two are up to."

I look over at the trio and see Jisung's parents scolding him. I sigh deep and skate off the rink. "I'll go see if I can help," I say to Chan before stepping with my skates on the normal floor.

Jisung sees me walking to them and looks relieved. I stand next to him and bow to the other two adults. "Good afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Han," I say politely, but I get nothing in return.

"Can you leave us so we can talk to our son in private?" Mr. Han snorts at me, but Jisung grabs a hold of my arm, not letting me go. "No," he states firmly. "Whatever you have to say to me, you can say it to Minho as well."

"Okay that's enough, young man," Mrs. Han calls out while grabbing and nipping Jisung's other arm. I try to hold her back, but Mr. Han pushes me away from them.

"What's your problem, Minho? Why would you hang out with our son while you know he's worth nothing?" Mr. Han says and my anger gets the best of me.

"First of all, why would you say anything like that over your blood own son? Second of all, he's worth so much more than you think, you just have no clue who your son actually is, since you never got to know him," I reply angrily.

You can just see his blood boil inside of him.

Before it could turn any worse, an imployer of the skating place, together with Chan, walks up to us and pulls the two adults away from us. "I would stop now if you don't want to end up in jail. I want you two to follow me," the imployer states. Two other imployers walk up to them and take Jisung's parents with them, following the other.

Chan approaches Jisung and gives him a tight hug. When they let go, Jeongin walks up to us and stands next to me. "Are you okay?" Chan asks me and Jisung and we both nod. 

The younger looks at me and gives me a hug as well. "Thanks for helping me out," He says and I smile.

I hear a sigh behind me and I break off the hug to look at where the sound came from. I see Changbin looking annoyed, his eyes on the ice rink next to us.

"How was it with your parents?" I ask the latter and he sighs onces again.

"They told me since I moved out, they have more spare money and now have money to go, as you can see, ice skating. I needed to contain the urge of punching them in their faces," he comments while rolling his eyes.

We hear a scream coming from the ice and the five of us turn to the sound.

Hyunjin has fallen once again on the ice and Felix helps him to get up while laughing, while Seungmin is hysterically laughing next to them. 

Chan chuckles and smiles at the trio on the ice. "I can't believe that you seven are what's making me happy in this life."