chapter -6

New's POV

I wasn't able to open my eyes even after gaining consciousness.I can only hear some voices but wasn't able to respond to them.My head is aching so much may be due to the sedative.

"What did the doctor say.?" It's Tay's voice.

"A mild panick attack,nothing serious." It's P' Jack

"What happened at the set Tay? "P' Jack asked in a firm voice.

"I..I swear p' Jack I don't know why New passed out I....he ......Oh god how should I explain."

"You don't have to explain everything Tay.I just want to know what you are doing when New is reading those damn letters."

" I....I was there"Tay said with hesitation.

"You of all people know his condition Tay.He isn't as strong as he was two years ago.You know how much shaken he was after that incident.Don't you remember we pretty much lost him then.He is just getting better these days and I guess all our effort lead to square one again."

"I am sorry P' it's my fault"

"Hah...No Tay you are not at fault.Iam sorry I lashed out at you." There is some kind of distress in P'Jacks voice.

"Don't feel guilty.You didn't knew.Some or the other day he should know about these letters anyway.I don't know why these people are sending him these type of hate letters since last two years.Like are they not sick hating someone so constantly.And that too for silly reason of having a girlfriend.He is not even in a relationship right now."

"Iam sorry P'.I should have been careful."

"It's not your fault.Lets just pray that New wouldn't enquire us about those letters for now."

That's when I Realised. so these two years I was constantly getting hate letters.They never reached me.Everyone around me knew.They never let me read any suspicious letters.All this time they just tried to protect me from those words.

A single tear left my eye when I knew what has happened around me all this time.But I did understand one thing.That all their effort should not be wasted due to my vulnerability.So I decided not to be so weak about all this drama.I have face the reality bravely.They had went through much struggle because of me and it's time for me to repay it.

That's when I opened my eyes with difficulty.A familiar room came into view.Ofcourse it's my condo unit.I thought and want to get up when a warm  hand helped me to sit straight.

"Tayy..... " I said with difficulty.My mouth felt dry and my lips are chapped.

"You gave me a fright" he said with a smile not reaching his eyes.

"Not something you didn't expect" I said remembering his words when I was loosing my consciousness.

"What do you mean?"

I was about to answer when P' jack entered the room with our meals.
Just eat and then talk kiddo he said.

All of us are in silence. After eating P' Jack slowly asked me

"New if you are not comfortable don't answer.But I want to know.why did you read those letters?"

That's when I looked at Tay he looked like he too was curious about my answer.
"I...just got curious.They had my name on them...so I just got curious." I lied.

I don't want Tay to get into trouble because of me.

P' Jack did look convinced about my answer.

"Alright.Just don't take them seriously.You know  people always want to find fault on a good product all the time."

"I know,I won't.....take them seriously.Earlier I was just shocked.Thats it."

Tay's phone started ringing and he said he needs to take that call and left the room.

Both of us just looked at Tay who is just talking with someone without a care in the world.After sometime he came in and said that he had some work to do and will come tomorrow.
My heart ached a little when I found that he had other priorities that wasn't me right now.Why the sudden change?

I came out of my reverie when I heard a deliberate cough by P' jack.

"I too found strange about Tay' s behaviour these days.He is just zoning out or on his phone all the time.Maybe he is in love."

Hearing that my heart started to beat faster.It might be true.If it is true then what should I do.All those feelings I  harboured for him all this time.What should I do to not get hurt.

I did not understand.