Panting like a dog

Charlie's POV...
"Hey, Loser!" I heard someone yell, I turned around to see were its coming from. Standing behind me were three girls. Tilly, Megan and Hannah. The three most popular girls in the school. Best friends forever, and nice. Most of the time. Also quite deadly, and, by the looks of things, I have fallen a victim to there venomous acts.
"What?" I said rolling my eyes.
"You upset Shan." Tilly, there ring Leader, said angrily.
"Yeah.... But we're friends again now....." I said, gulping.
" I don't care." Tilly spat at me through gritted teeth. "She's our friend." She sneered, looking me up and down with a disgusted look on her face.
" if your such great friends, how come Shan hates you." She thought about it for a minute and then stuttered.
"See you on the way home."
"If not before." I said smiling sarcastically.
" what was that about?" Said Shan. I jumped out of my skin at the sound of her voice.
"Oh my god! You scared me!" I said laughing.
"Ha ha, sorry. So what was it?" She asked again.
"Oh, she was just pissed off about yesterday....."
"What's that got to do with them?" She asked confused.
"I don't know. She said you guys were friends...." I said.
"Oh....... Wait what?!" She suddenly said as it sunk in.
" I don't know." I laughed.
And together we walked to our next class.
Dans POV...
I looked down at Phils legs, which were shaking like mad and driving me crazy. I reached out and held them still. He laughed "sorry I'm just really nervous...... What if they don't think we're good enough to be parents?" Phil asked.
"Ha, Phil, were adopting a 13 year old. Like we decided, no older no younger....."
"Yeah but St-"
"Look, Phil, kids can look after themselves you know! We're not adopting a 1 day old baby!" I interrupted. Phil looked down at his newly polished shoes. I reached out and held his hand.
"It will be fine!" I reassured him.
"Phillip Lester and Daniel Howell?"
"Ummm... Yeah.... That's us... " I said. "Just let me do the talking." I said to Phil.
"Are you sure that's wise? Your just as awkward as I am." Phil said giggling a bit. Then we followed the man into the room full of all the people that would decide whether we're parent materiel.
Stood inside waiting for us was a stern middle aged woman, with blonde frizzy hair and brown eyes. She wore a black suit that was to tight for her and black thin rimmed glasses. Standing next to her was a young man, probably in his twenties, with bright blue eyes that glistened in the sunlight but with no sun they turned to storms, like another universe inside his eyes. Lightning bolts firing at his pupil, which in this place was the world that we would live in. He wore a white shirt, black skinny jeans and a black tie. The woman shook my hand as we walked in, the man shook Phil's hand and they introduced themselves as Sophie Melark and Jason Branory.
We sat down In two leather black chairs in front of the board team and... Well.... Silence.
"Hello..." I said trying to break the silence.
"Hello....err... Phil?"
"No... I'm Dan and this is Phil."
"Good evening." Said Phil doing an awkward wave. I stamped on his foot and said " Phil, it's 12 o'clock in the morning..."
The women frowned at us and took notes in her note book.
" so..." Said Jason "may I ask about your relationship... Are you a married? Or are you friends... Or even brothers?" He asked. "We're toge-"
"We're friends... Just friends..." I interrupted Phil. I reached out and held his hand under the table, reassuring him so that he knows that I know what I'm doing.
More notes.
"Where do you live?" Sophie said sternly.
"We... Live in London...."
More notes.
"Do you live In a house... Apartment do you rent or what?" She said.
"We live in an apartment."
"Ok and als-" a young girl burst through the the door, panting like a dog.
"Sorry I'm late!" She said, still panting. "I got stuck in tr-" she stopped dead in her tracks and stared at me and Phil. "Oh. My. God." She gawped. "A-am I dreaming?" She said.
"Ummm...hi." Said Phil. The colour in the girls face drained away, and she collapsed on the floor.