Chapter 2.

Chapter 2.

            An incessant beeping noise became extremely evident in my aching head. Beep… Beep… Beep. A steady beep, as if a heartbeat. The smell of iodine, or hospitals, drifted up my nose making me uncomfortable, it’s a disgusting smell. Where was I and why wouldn’t this beeping stop? Wasn’t I at One Direction just a second ago? I opened my eyes before having to scrunch them shut once again to shield them from the blinding white room. Talking then drifted into my ears so I opened my eyes again. Oh. I was in hospital… the beeping noise was my heart. What? I looked around for anything to give me a clue as to why I was suddenly in hospital rather than enjoying my concert in Manchester. Surely that wasn’t just a dream? I spotted a pile of newspapers on the table beside me and went to reach for them. I had a wire attached into the back of my hand making me feel instantly queezy. Oh my god. I’m totally going to throw up.

            “ADRIANA YOU’RE AWAKE!” Screams from my friends distracted me, I looked up to see them bounding in the room like excited dogs when their owners get home.

            “I am…” I acknowledge.

            “I’ll get a nurse!” Bethany ran off out of the private room I was currently situated in, the talking must have been coming from them out in the hallway.

            “We’ve been so worried!” Beth told me as she an Koulla stood beside my bed.

            “Why am I here?” I question, before they could answer though, Bethany walks in with a nurse in tow.

            “It’s good to see you awake Miss Armani.” The smiley woman grins at me as she picks up a clipboard from the end of my bed and scribbles something on it. “Unfortunately, visiting hours have just ended girls so you will have to leave…”

            “But she just woke up!” Koulla complains. “We missed double R.E to come and see her!” She said this with sarcasm thick in her voice. We hates R.E and there was no denying it. Double R.E was a dead giveaway to the day, Monday.

            “Sorry girls, see you again tomorrow, but now she’s awake you don’t need to miss school!” The nurse instructed the three girls. They nodded looking slightly upset that they no longer had a reason to miss school.

            “See you tomorrow Adriana!” They chorused before leaving the room with beaming smiles. I nodded and turned my focus back to the nurse.

            “I bet you’re thirsty!” She walked over to my bedside table after I nodded, taking in how dry my mouth was, and poured me a cool glass of water before plopping a straw into the white plastic cup. She held it to me and I took the straw in my mouth and sucked the cold liquid down my throat, ah, that felt better! She placed the cup back on the table. “Right, how are you feeling?”

            “Fine, I feel a bit rough, but fine.” I admitted, my head did feel like it was currently full of clouds, which could be why I couldn’t remember anything. “How and why am I here?”

            “Well, these newspapers will tell you what happened!” She pulled the table that goes over the beds in hospitals over and placed the newspapers on it so that I’d be able to read them. I looked down and saw the first heading: ‘TEEN COLLAPSES ON TOUR’. Was that teen me? “You’ve had to have your stomach pumped and a small operation done to sort out a small growth on you liver.” The nurse pulled my attention back to her before I began reading. “You have a scar running along beneath your ribs and one down the centre of your torso which currently have stitching in. However, you will now make a full recovery and you shouldn’t have anymore trouble! I’ll leave you to read, you’re quite the famous patient Miss Armani!” She giggled and gave me one large smile before leaving. Scars? Operations! I remember… the pain in my stomach! I picked up the newspaper that was dated for today, Monday 18th March: