a calm day

A month later.

It was now mid to late winter, according to Papa anyway. I have gotten better at tracking and could even hold myself in a spar, even if I was one of the younger ones here. But I didn't have classes until later today as the sun is just now coming up, meaning it's time to wake up.

I sat up in my bed, or nest, I stretched my arms and back, I then got up and got ready for the day. I looked at my body the best I could, as we didn't have mirrors, and I was happy to see some muscle on me, more muscle, even if I was more on the lean side, means I can help more. And I've noticed another thing for us, we are all lean, like how some animals are, meaning we can run fast and not have too much bulk on us.

To be fair, though, we all train and work every day, even our games involve moving.

I walked outside after getting ready, I saw Papa and walked over to him. "Good morning, Papa," I say as I get to him. He looked at me. "Good morning, Izuku. How did you sleep?" I smile and give him a hug."I slept well. My nest was comfy. " He nodded at what I said."That's good."

He pats my head, "Can you go make sure the others are waking up, please?" He asked. I nodded and headed back to my fort and made sure Jen was waking up. I went in and saw her just waking up. "Good morning, Jen," I say, smiling. She smiles back. "Good morning, Izuku." We talked for a bit as she woke up more before I left to go see if the others were getting up.

After we ate and did our morning 'jobs' or lessons for us little kids.

Me and Rin were practicing a move we both had been struggling with. But we were determined. It was play time for us kids, and we turned a lot of our games to help us with getting better at our lessons. For tracking, there was hide n' seek, For fighting, hide n' seek tag could also be used to help us hide ourselves in plain sight and get faster. And for plants that we do when they get back, is a form of 'who can remember the most without repeating anyone'.

I saw Rin fall as he tried the move, a type of kick, I went and helped him up. "You ok, Rin?" I asked. He just smiled."Yeah, I just went too fast again. " We both laughed at that. We all wanted to be fast enough to be able to keep each other safe, and that usually led to all of us little kids wanting to do moves faster than we could at the moment.

Papa came over. It was time for lessons with him. He sat on the ground, and us little kids sat in front of him, like a little class. He started to help us with remembering what plants and fruits and veggies were safe to eat better. He even gave us some tips on how to remember them.

He also tested us by saying either a fruit, plant, or veggie and had us go to the left if it was not safe and right if it was. We, of course, got some mixed up, but he just explained how to remember better for the one we messed up on. No one here ever put others down, it was something we all agreed on, especially after Mimi explained to us that she was now dating Ashi, one of the hunters, Ashi was really nice, she explained to us that love can be for anyone, and that consent was ALWAYS important.

I got to help with lunch, it was nice, and fun. Ashi told us about some of the animals she saw while hunting and how beautiful they were. I loved the stories we got to hear, and if you pay close attention, you can tell the warning of the quirked in the stories.

Ashi and her group were in charge of us in hunting lessons today. She told us how animals can behave based on where they live and how to tell the males and females apart. I thought it was at least a little easy, the boys- or males have bright colors, or they have a feature the girls- or females don't have. We stayed in the valley for today's hunting lesson. We worked on speed and aim today.

I am happy to say that we are getting better and faster. Papa told us how proud he was of us. We raced. I was running by Yama, Rin, and Akumu. My birthday was one of the later ones, we were losing time, was it Friday? The weekend? What was the date? We didn't know anymore.

It was now almost dinner, and us little kids passed the time by sparing, with Mimi watching to make sure we didn't get hurt too bad.we were a bit away from the others so we didn't get in the way as they made dinner. Papa, after a bit, came to tell us that dinner was done and ready. We walked with Papa and Mimi to the fire and sat to eat. The food was good, like usual, though I do miss sweets, but that's ok.

We soon enough got done eating, and helped put things away, waved bye to the night patrol, and went to get ready for bed.

I laid down and listened to Papa singing, I like his lullaby.

"Sleep, my little ones, as the days pass you grow… rest now. My little ones, let the night calm your minds… may your dreams be bright and fun… Sleep, my little ones, for a new day is to come…"

I fell asleep once again to Papa's singing, it made me think, who after Papa will be the one to sing? 'I hope Papa will always sing for us' was my last thought as I fell asleep.