a different point of view

Elsewhere: ??? Pov.

Where are all these kids? I know what the HPSC said to do with them, BUT THEY ARE KIDS! CHILDREN! PRACTICALLY BABIES! I was yelling at myself and mentally cursing the Hero Commision. I hated what they were doing to the quirkless. They were people, too. They shouldn't be getting hurt or killed because of it. I hate how people forget everyone's family line started with quirkless people.

I was in my house pacing back and forth with a file of one of the missing quirkless kids, "Izuku Midoriya," was written on the file. He is only four years old, and I don't know if he's still alive or not! He's just a baby. I was panicking because of how young some of them were. 

I felt my husband hug me,  making me stop pacing.

"I know you're worried about them, but try and calm down." He said

"How can I calm down? Children are missing, I don't care if they are quirkless, they are children." I said, still worried.

"I know, I hate what they are doing to the quirkless population too, sho, but worrying won't help us find them." He said, still hugging me.

I sighed. "I know, Zashi, but what if we find them too late?"

He hugged me tighter. "We will find them in time, Sho, I know we will."

I sighed again, and I started to get ready for patrol, hoping to find at least one of them while I'm on my patrols, but so far, nothing. I waved bye to Zashi as he went to bed, and I left. I kept a look out as I did my job, got annoyed by police repeatedly asking if I was actually a hero, and had to explain that. Yes, I was an actual hero.

I stopped some more villains, and one got a good cut on my leg, but I'll be fine. I kept working, looking out for those to help and the children, I'll keep an eye out for the children every time I go out of the house. I was patrolling near the forest, as I wanted to not just stay in one place to patrol. It'll hopefully make my chances of finding them better.

I swear I saw someone in the forest, but it must've been in my mind because when I looked again, they were gone. I sighed and continued working until I saw the sun start to rise. It was winter break, late December. I can't wait for spring to get here; it's too cold. 

I got home at 5:30Am and when I got home, I got ready for bed, and showered because I needed it, and made sure not to wake up my husband as I fell asleep as the day started. I hope we can find them and save them all soon.

—————

??? Pov.

Night patrol was easy, mainly just keeping an eye out for night time predators, but tonight was different, I was by the edge of the forest, in case a quirkless child was told to run in here again. I saw someone who was quirked by the forest. Usually, they don't get this close, plus it was the middle of the night in the cold months. Why were they outside?

I saw them looking in my direction, so I hid in the branches of a tree, keeping an eye on the quirked while not being seen. I stayed still, like if I was in sight of a dangerous predator, staying still to not draw the dangerous beings' sight to me. I watched as they seemed to double check for something, probably me, but I stayed hidden, none of us wanted a quirked to find us.

I stayed to make sure the quirked left before heading back to The Valley. I needed to tell Shio about this and the other patrol groups as a warning about the quirked. I headed back, making sure to stay silent. We are still learning, but we are getting better. I actually held a few scares myself, like the others, I had a few animal bites, but I was fine, we thankfully had the herb book and Vivi to help know to to take care of the wounds.

I soon got to The Valley, I got a quick drink from the river before heading to Shio, who was saying bye to Mimi. I called both of them, getting their attention. "I came with a warning from my part of the Night patrol," I said.

"What is the warning? A predator near The Valley?" Asked Shio.

I shook my head "I was by the edge of the forest in case a quirkless child came in, but I saw a quirked near it, but on the buildings there, I hid before they could see me: I said.

"That's not good," Mimi said, starting to make plans for the other patrol groups.

Shio looked back at me. "Thank you for telling us Avi, we will inform the others, you should go rest."

I nodded goodnight to them and went to rest until lunch, as I had already eaten breakfast last night. I really hope that quirked doesn't find us. We don't need the pain. I walked past Vivi as she came out.

"Oh. Hi Avi, " she said, waving at me

"Good morning, Vivi." I nod back to her.

"Going to rest, I hope," she said, looking at my wound that was still healing.

I nod. "Yes, Vivi, I'm going to rest now," I said, knowing I needed the rest.

She gave me an approved look. "Good, because no one should be hurting themselves when they should be healing."

I was about to say something when Izuku came up, bleeding badly from his left arm. Vivi imitatelly went to check on him. I listened in, it turns out Izuku was training by himself and fell hard onto a very sharp stane, and by the look of it and the look Vivi is making, he'd probably get a small scar from it. She packed him up and told him to rest, I knew she was about to say the same to me, so I just went into my 'fort' as the little kids call them and went to sleep.