a fast day

A week has passed, Mr. Earaserhead hasn't been back yet, but that's ok! He told me he was preparing to be a teacher, and he said that being a teacher means he will teach a class something for the future! I hope he becomes a teacher like he wanted.

It's starting to warm up finally, meaning we are getting close to the warmer months. I can't wait because Papa said we have almost been here a year, and we got here on my birthday, so my birthday is coming up! The birds are coming back, so that's good. We can hear them singing in the mornings again. It's nice to listen to.

I was already outside stretching, as I got used to it. I finished stretching and got a drink. I took my time as it was still early. As soon as I was done, I went and got some food that was done and ate my share of food. The hunters were taking a break from hunting as we had enough food for a few weeks. They were helping the builders to pass the time, and the little hunters in training were being taught how to identify animals that would go on for a while to make sure they remembered.

After eating, I got to training- well running. We are working on en-endurance, so we can run longer with fewer breaks and get less sleepy from running. Mimi said that it was very important that we do this, just in case we have to run from something or someone. We needed to know this so we could keep ourselves and each other safe.

She would see how long we could run and tell us what we could do, even if it was mainly just running more. To get better, we always tried our best. We wanted to stay safe. We pushed ourselves, pushed to get faster, stronger, and more hidden, like wolves! She did make sure we took breaks if we stopped running so we could catch our breaths again.

Kye and Idori watched us, Key giving us ideas and tips, Idori was on her break.

I stopped running, trying to catch my breath. "Izuku, take a breather!" Mimi said as she led the run. I nodded and sat down by Kye and Idori.

"Hey, izuku," kye said. Even if he wasn't usually up in the day, he wanted to make sure we were practicing stealth while running.

I just smiled and waved to him, still trying to catch my breath. I was very tired from that run. I had a bit to go, but I was still only four, and I had time.

After listening and talking after I finally got my breath again, I got a drink and went to practice my forms, how to hit correctly (we put vines over a tree so we had something to practice on) I wanted to make sure I kept up with it.

'Kye got a new scar,' I thought to myself as I punched the vine covered tree. 'In his leg, a circle, I heard Mimi say that it was a bullet wound, but Kye is sneaky, no one should have seen him' I continued to get lost in my head.

"Izuku, Little one?"

I turned around, seeing Papa. I smiled. "Hello Papa!"

"Hey, little one, are you ok? You seem to be lost in thought?"

"I'm fine, Papa! I was just thinking about Kyes' new scar, the round one on his leg, " I told him, now fully facing him.

Papa seemed to look upset. "I'll tell you about it when you are older, ok, little one?"

I was curious and confused but nodded "yes Papa"

He smiled and ruffled my head, "Well, it's time to eat anyway. Come on, little one, let's go,"

I smiled and nodded. "ok, Papa!"

We got to the others, and ate lunch, it was very good. Papa again made sure we all got some water.

We soon finished and went about our day, Papa made me take a longer break, then went to help clean up. I went over the tips kye, and Mimi told us about running(Mimi) and on how to be very sneaky(Kye).

Soon, I was allowed to go back to training. We were just practicing our forms on blocking, us littler ones not hitting each other yet. Mimi said it was because we didn't know how to control how hard we hit yet. I was still sleepy from the run, so it's good that we got a break from running.

We did this for a bit. Idori went back to doing what she was before her break. They wanted to start getting a field for plants ready before we fully got to the warm months. Papas' group was having fun while he talked to the builders where the field should be and where what plants went where. I listened as I practiced my blocking.

Papa wanted a spot away from the veggies where going to be so we could plant fruit trees. And they were talking about how to get the water to the spots. Sue, one of the builders, said something about digging small trenches for the water to travel to where we need it and a small mill to get it there? I was confused, but my thoughts changed when dinner was called, wanting to eat. I went to get my share of food.

The day went by fast, but at least that means the warm months will be here faster! I can't wait for the warm months to be here. My birthday is in the warm months! I was getting tired as dinner went on, Papa told us a story while we ate again.

It was a story of a group of animals, all chased away from their homes, finding new ones in each other and helping each other live, and grow!

But dinner was soon over, we picked everything up and went into our homes, I got in my nest as Papa started to sing.

"Sleep, my little ones, the day has gone, and we are still here. Rest my little ones, we will thrive, as the night grows, we will know rest."