Shios' birthday

Aizawa's POV: Two days later:

"Zashi, hurry up!" I said at the door, waiting for my husband to get ready. We were going to the forest as it was Shio's birthday, and we have taken the responsibility for keeping track of birthdays and going to see them on those days. It also helps keep track of days in general.

"I'm grabbing the books and things, but I can't find them!" He called back from wherever he was.

"I have them already!" I yelled back, getting him to rush to the door and put on his shoes. Finally, we could leave for The Valley to see the kids and wish Shio a happy birthday. We left and headed there; Zashi had a pep in his step as he adored birthdays and was very excited to see and wish Shio a happy birthday. We walked fast, but not fast enough to be running or draw attention to us, toward where we needed to go.

"I can't wait to wish him a happy birthday," Zashi said surprisingly quiet considering his quirk making him naturally louder than average.

"I know, Zashi. We will get there soon, so calm down. Plus, going to The Valley is helping you with your fear, somewhat at least," I said as we got close to the forest.

"Yeah! I'm not as scared if I see them; I still don't like them being on me, though," he said, happy his fear isn't as bad anymore. We reached the forest and headed straight for The Valley. Zashi was now carrying the stuff we brought for the children as I had carried them for a while already. We heard an owl call and smiled; one of the children had come to greet us.

"Hello, Mr. Eraserhead, Mr. Mic!" We heard, who we could now identify as 'Sue,' as he walked up to us.

"Hello, little listener!" Zashi said happily to the 14-year-old.

"Hello to you too, Sue. Are you the one to bring us today?" I asked, keeping in mind that Shio's birthday is in a month.

"Yep! I am the one who volunteered to bring you both to the others today!" He said very excitedly.

"That's cool, little listener," Zashi said, smiling. "Now, should we get going?" he continued.

"Oh! Yes! Let's go. You actually arrived in time to eat with the day people. Have you eaten?" Sue asked, slowing down as we were almost at The Valley, and just like he said, they were getting ready to eat. "Shio! Bèv!" He called out to Shio.

"Hey, Sue, what does 'Bèv' mean?" I asked, shooting my shot.

"Oh, it means 'I am back' or 'back to the start,' depending on the context," he said as we walked, meeting with Shio, who was with Izuku.

"Mr. Eraserhead! Mr. Mic! You have stuff for us! Are they books? Stuff for Papa? Can I see?" Izuku ran up to us, asking question after question.

I was trying to understand as I saw Kye walk by and heard him mutter to himself, "Izuku is a cryptid, I swear. It doesn't even look like they have anything on them."

As I also heard Zashi answer Izuku's questions. "Yes, yes, yes, and later, little listener," he answered, somehow keeping track of all of Izuku's questions.

———————

Izuku's POV:

I was talking to Mr. Mic as he seems to be able to keep up with my questions. I was upset I couldn't see all of what they brought, but I knew I could later. I heard Vin (a nickname as his name is long) calling me over to get my share of food, so I went and got some. 'It looks like Mr. Eraserhead and Mr. Mic are actually eating with us today! Yay!' I thought as I saw them get some as well.

I smiled as we all ate and listened to Papa tell his story for today. "Deep in the forest that others would call 'scary' and 'unusual' lived a small pack of wolves. These wolves were not like others; they were seen as weak, but they were gaining in numbers and used their heads to help them. Over time they got a good place to rest and enough numbers to allow those who have hunted to rest and care for the younger ones, helping in any way they can while they rest from chasing and outsmarting the chase." Papa continued to tell the story until we were all done, and he finished the story.

Mr. Mic went to Papa and wished him a happy birthday. 'It's Papa's birthday!' I thought, happy that he gets to rest today. I ran over and also wished him a happy birthday, as did everyone who heard Mr. Mic say it and those who heard others say it. And we finally got to see what was brought, some books for the different groups, including some for the night people! And even some that we can read for fun or help us with lessons! I could see how happy this made Papa; I think it's because he got a gift or because the books can help us.

Soon Idori was talking to Mr. Eraserhead about the platforms that he apparently heard about from Mr. Mic and was happy we had a thing for if storms get too bad to stay on the ground. He said that is was smart of us, and that the nests looked nice! They seemed happy with what he said about the platforms, and so did any builder close enough to hear him.

We had fun and handed in our work as it was due today. I was very happy that they had come today, and really any time they came to The Valley. They spent the whole day with us this time! But now it was getting late, so they had to leave. We said goodbye, and in some cases (mine included) gave them a hug goodbye and waved as they left until they were out of sight.

Papa called that it was time for bed, and we all headed to our homes. "Have a good and fun night, Jen!" I said to my housemate, not nestmate; we only share a home to keep home numbers small until we can be more safe building more, though I think the builders might just build some homes in the trees.

"Thanks, Izuku! Have a nice rest!" Jen said, smiling as she got ready for the night, as she was a night person. I got ready for bed and laid down, ready for Papa's song to begin as I laid on my nest.

"Rest, my little ones, let those in the night know we care. Rest now, let the day fade to night, and let the stars shine above us. Let the gentle glow of the moon lead us to sweet dreams and a safe night. Rest now, and tomorrow you will make it to tomorrow's dawn with its morning lights." I heard him sing as I fell asleep.