Chapter 34

Tobias' POV

Tris has been at the hospital for three weeks now and I'm worried out of my mind.

Ever since the last seizure she had, when Pavan found out about her, she has been fine.

Although the doctors still haven't confirmed it, I believe she will be fine, and that she's ok.

We've been doing the fear simulations and today is the third to last say. Initiation has gone by really slow this round without Tris.

I just want this last kid to finish up their simulation so I can go to tris.

I have been spending the night in the hospital most of the time, only leaving to shower, train initiates, or eat.

The initiate finally finished his last fear, getting buried alive, and I leave right away.

I head to the hospital and walk straight to Tris' room. I don't even have to check with the nurse because they know when I'm coming.

I walk into tris room and sit next to her pale, lifeless form.

I grab her hand and just look at her. tubes sticking everywhere in her body, giving her the right nutrients and things she needs.

The only thing that has changed is that she can breath on her own now so they took out the tube in her throat and put a mask on her mouth and nose.

I sit there, holding her hand and looking at her for about ten minutes I feel something. A twitch.

I look down on awe then, then the unexpected happens.

She sits up, gasping air and then screams out in pain.

"Tris!" I shout, crying now.

I press the red button and the doctor and a nurse come in.

"Tris! Lay back and and relax. You have a bullet wound on your side." the doctor says.

She lays back then looks at me.

"Tobias." she says, only loud enough for me to hear.

"Yeah I'm here. don't worry. I'm not going to leave." I say under my breath.

"I love you." she says with tears in her eyes.

I let a tear go down my cheek and I reply, "I love you too, so so much." I kiss her forehead and she lays back down.

"Alright tris, we are going to run a few tests and check your stitches. once that's  done, we will see when you can leave."

She nods and they begin.

First they take her blood, then they shine a light in her eyes and have her follow their finger, then they check her stitches.

"Okay, you seem fine. But we need to have an ultrasound to see if the baby is also fine."

We both nod and a nurse comes in with a machine.

They lift tris' shirt up and put a gel on it.

They turn the machine on and a black and white image pops up on the screen.

The doctor moves the the stick around and I see the form of a small almost baby looking thing. She is only two months pregnant.

I feel another tear roll down my cheek and tris has a few.

"Good news. Your baby is alright. you can leave tomorrow at lunch." The doctor says.

"You get to come home!" I say and she laughs.

"I get to come home!" She takes off her mask and kisses me.

We kiss until we are interrupted by a nurse.

"Here's you're picture." she says, handing us a picture of the baby.

We smile at the photo and eventually put it down.

"Should I get the gang, or should we surprise them tomorrow at lunch?"

"Mmm, I think we should surprise them.

"That is a great idea." I say smiling.

She's pulls me back in for a kiss and we share one. full of passion and love.

I am now happy. The love of my life and baby are back and fine.

I have my family again.

---------------

Thanks for reading my fanfic everyone! So earlier today this chapter wasn't showing up and almost ALL of it was done and I thought it deleted. so I started writing it again but then I saw this one pop up and I was freaking relived. Anyways please like and comment as you please. love you initiates!