Chapter 3

The campus courtyard buzzed with activity as Y/N sat under a sprawling oak tree, her textbooks and notes spread across the grass. She was deeply engrossed in her studies, pouring over legal cases and concepts, when Marcus's voice broke through her concentration.

"Hey there, future legal eagle," Marcus teased, plopping down next to her with a sandwich in hand.

Y/N looked up, a playful smile tugging at her lips. "Hey, gamer extraordinaire. You finally taking a break from conquering virtual worlds?"

Marcus took a bite of his sandwich and nodded. "Only to conquer the real world for a bit. Speaking of which, have you heard of Quackity?"

Y/N blinked, her brow furrowing. "Quackity? Can't say I have. Should I?"

Marcus grinned mischievously. "Oh, you're in for a treat. Quackity's a Youtuber, and his content is all about chaos and comedy. He went on Love Or Host."

Y/N's curiosity was piqued. "Love Or Host? What's that?"

"It's like a dating show meets game show," Marcus explained. "AustinShow has a dating show called Love or Host. So the one you go on is featuring Quackity. You'd compete with other people to get Quackity to love you."

Y/N raised an eyebrow. "Sounds interesting. But why are you telling me about this?"

Marcus leaned in, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "Well, the thing is, I think you'd be perfect for it. Quackity's putting together his third Love Or Host video, and I think you should apply."

Y/N blinked, taken aback. "Wait, me? On a dating show?"

Marcus chuckled. "Not just a dating show, Y/N. It's a platform to get noticed. Quackity's got a big audience, and being on his show could really boost your Twitch and YouTube presence."

Y/N's mind whirred with thoughts. She glanced down at her notebook, then back at Marcus. "But Marcus, I don't know if I'm ready for something like that. I mean, I've got like a hundred thousand subscribers on YouTube and only about five thousand viewers on Twitch. I don't have many connections in the online community."

Marcus grinned, his enthusiasm undeterred. "And that's exactly why you should do it! You're talented, dedicated, and you've got a unique voice. This could be the opportunity you've been waiting for."

Y/N's gaze drifted toward the campus buildings, her thoughts a whirlwind of uncertainty and possibility. "I don't know, Marcus. It's a big step."

Marcus leaned in, his voice earnest. "Remember when we first started gaming together? You were hesitant, but look at us now. You've embraced the challenge and grown so much. This is no different. It's a chance to connect with new people, showcase your personality, and have a blast while you're at it."

Y/N chewed on her bottom lip, her mind a battlefield of doubts and hopes. She glanced at Marcus, his eyes filled with encouragement, and she couldn't help but smile. "Alright, fine. I'll check out Quackity's videos and see what it's all about."

Marcus's face lit up, and he clapped her on the shoulder. "That's the spirit! And hey, even if you don't get chosen, you'll still gain some exposure. You never know where this journey might lead."

Y/N sighed, a mixture of excitement and trepidation swirling within her. "Alright, Marcus. I'll give it a shot. But if I end up in some wild dating scenario, I'm holding you responsible!"

Marcus laughed, his eyes crinkling with mirth. "Deal! Now, let's get back to conquering the books. The legal world better watch out for us."

"