Chapter 12

The night hung heavy with the weight of Y/N's determination as she huddled over her desk, the glow of her laptop casting a soft, dim light in the room. Her fingers flew across the keyboard, typing out notes, equations, and summaries with a sense of urgency. The final exam was looming, a formidable challenge that demanded her unwavering attention.

Marcus sat on the floor beside her, his own set of textbooks and notes spread out. "You're really going all out, huh?"

Y/N nodded, her eyes fixed on the screen as she highlighted a crucial piece of information. "I have to, Marcus. This exam is a big deal."

Marcus stretched his arms above his head, his fingers brushing against the ceiling. "Well, if anyone can ace it, it's you."

Y/N offered him a grateful smile, her mind already racing ahead to the material she still had to cover. The hours stretched on, the world outside growing quieter as the night deepened.

Hours turned into minutes, and before Y/N knew it, the sky was beginning to lighten with the promise of a new day. Her eyes felt heavy, her body weary from the hours of studying. But even as exhaustion gnawed at her, her determination remained unshaken.

"I'm gonna grab some coffee," Marcus announced, stretching his limbs with a yawn.

Y/N glanced at him, her eyes feeling gritty from staring at the screen for too long. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I could use some caffeine."

As Marcus headed out, Y/N's attention shifted to her laptop. She found herself browsing YouTube, her fingers tapping the keys as she typed in a familiar name: Quackity. The screen filled with a plethora of videos, each one a treasure trove of entertainment and distraction.

With a sigh, Y/N clicked on one of the videos, letting the laughter and commentary wash over her. It was a welcome respite from the intensity of her studies, a brief moment of indulgence amidst the sea of equations and theories.

Time blurred as she watched video after video, her mind finding solace in the lighthearted content. The sun began to rise outside her window, casting a soft glow over the room. But Y/N barely noticed as she continued to watch, her determination morphing into a fierce resolve to conquer the exam.

Just as the sky outside turned a brilliant shade of orange, Marcus returned with two steaming cups of coffee. "Here you go, Y/N. Double shot of caffeine."

Y/N tore her gaze away from the screen, her eyes feeling dry and strained. "Thanks, Marcus. I think I need all the help I can get at this point."

They sipped their coffee in companionable silence, the warmth of the liquid easing the fatigue that threatened to overcome them. As the minutes ticked by, Y/N's focus remained steadfast, her determination unwavering.

The next day in class, Y/N's heart skipped a beat as the professor made an unexpected announcement. "Class, I have good news. Tomorrow, we will be having a practice final exam to help you prepare for the actual exam."

A chorus of relieved sighs and murmurs filled the room, and Y/N exchanged an excited glance with Marcus. It was a small victory, a chance to gauge their readiness and refine their approach.

After class, Y/N and Marcus found a quiet corner of the campus to sit. Y/N's mind buzzed with the anticipation of the practice exam, the knowledge that she had put in countless hours of hard work.

"Feels good to have that opportunity, huh?" Marcus commented, his voice reflecting the shared sentiment.

Y/N nodded, a smile tugging at her lips. "Definitely. I feel more prepared now, thanks to all the late-night studying and the coffee-fueled marathons."

As the sun began its descent, casting a glow over the campus, Y/N felt a sense of accomplishment and purpose. The night of preparation had been grueling, but it had also been a testament to her dedication.

As she settled into her bed that evening, her laptop propped up on her nightstand, she found herself drawn to Quackity's videos once again. The familiar voices and playful banter provided a sense of comfort, a reminder that even amidst the challenges, there were moments of joy and connection.