Chapter 30

"Alright, folks, it's time for the moment we've all been waiting for," 

AustinShow announced with a knowing smile. His eyes flickered between the remaining contestants, and he took a deep breath, allowing the suspense to build.

Quackity's face filled the screen, his expression a mixture of seriousness and contemplation. Y/N could sense the weight of the decision he was about to make.

"Quackity, the time has come. Please reveal the name of the first contestant you've chosen to eliminate from Love Or Host," AustinShow stated, his voice carrying the weight of the impending decision.

The room seemed to hold its breath as Quackity's gaze shifted from the screen to the list of names before him. He hesitated, his eyes narrowing slightly as he considered his choice. 

Y/N couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy for both Quackity and the contestants. This was undoubtedly a difficult moment for all involved.

As the seconds ticked by, AustinShow maintained his composure, his expectant gaze fixed on Quackity. 

The atmosphere was electric, charged with anticipation as the contestants' hearts pounded in rhythm with the seconds passing by.

Then, AustinShow's voice broke the silence once more, cutting through the tension like a knife. "Ladies and gentlemen, the first contestant to be eliminated from Love Or Host is..."

The words hung in the air, a suspended moment of uncertainty. Y/N's eyes darted between Quackity's face, AustinShow's poised expression, and the faces of the remaining contestants, each holding their breath in anticipation.

And then, as if on cue, the tension seemed to break. The competitive spirit that had fueled bickering and rivalries throughout the show suddenly erupted in a cacophony of voices.

"Come on, Austin, spill it!" 

"Just tell us already!" 

"We've been waiting forever!"

"I can't take this suspense any longer!" 

"Quit dragging it out, Austin!"

The contestants' voices overlapped, creating a chorus of impatience and anxiety that reverberated through the Zoom call. Y/N watched as the group dynamic shifted, the anxiety of the situation manifesting in their desperate desire to know who would be the first to leave the competition.

AustinShow raised his hands in mock surrender, his eyes twinkling with amusement as he played along with their frenzied demands. "Alright, alright, ladies, calm down! You'll know soon enough."

The contestants' outbursts gradually subsided, the room once again falling into an anxious hush. 

The anticipation remained thick, each heartbeat a reminder of the momentous decision that hung in the balance.

AustinShow leaned in, his voice carrying a hint of theatricality. "The first contestant to be eliminated from Love Or Host is..."

A collective breath seemed to hold the room hostage, the suspense reaching its peak as the seconds stretched on.

And then, at last, AustinShow's voice cut through the tension with a finality that sent shockwaves through the contestants' reactions.

"Emily."

The name reverberated through the Zoom call, a mixture of emotions rippling across the contestants' faces. 

Some expressions conveyed sympathy, others masked relief, and a few even revealed a glint of satisfaction that a formidable contender had been eliminated. 

Emily's gaze shifted, her facade of confidence momentarily faltering before she collected herself.