𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐲|| 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

<<No, mamá, Gabriella doesn't need a nanny. She has me already.>> Miguel spoke, as his mother was holding the sleepy grandchild.
Since Gabriella was born, Miguel's life changed. He stayed up late, he was more busy during the day. His house was a mess, literally.
Diapers and toys were everywhere, he didn't have time to cook a proper meal for himself and his expression was really tired. Now Miguel was 30, a single dad, with a two months daughter.
Despite that, Miguel kept Gabriella perfectly: she was eating good, growing well, smelling really good and also she was always happy with him. The only times she would cry was because she needed her diaper to be changed, or because she got hurt.
That's why Miguel's mother, Conchata, got to his house to help. But she knew she couldn't always be physically here for her son and her grandchild. That's why she suggested to hire a nanny, but Miguel refused saying <<I won't trust a stranger to keep my daughter safe. Till I am here, I can handle it.>>

Conchata rolled her eyes, putting her hand on her face. She took a deep breath because of her stubborn son and spoke again <<Dios mío, Miguel. Look at your house and you. You need an hand. I can help you sometimes, but you know I can't always be here. ¿Tú entiendes?>> she sighed. She tried to speak with a calm tone. She knew Miguel was worried about his daughter, but he needed some help.
<<I know that damn well, mamà, but I am fine, I am still standing.>> he said, he was getting slightly angry. It could be seen how harshly he was saying "mamà" and how he grit his teeth.
<<Miguel you have two red tired eyes, with dark circles underneath them.>> she spoke again, as Gabriella was slightly waking up, still in her grandma's arms. <<Your skin is dull and your lines are more pronounced, particularly around your eyes and the forehead. You are not sleeping well and you are extremally anxious. Mírate, hijo.>>
<<Mamà.>> he said this word sternly, his words were louder then before <<I am 30, I am an adult. I know how to take care of myself and what's the best for me and Gabri. I don't need you to tell me things as if I am still a baby.>>.

It looked like he was going to snap, but everything was stopped by an angelic little laugh. To be exact, Gabriella's little laugh. She just woke up from her grandmother's arms. She took off the soother that she had in her mouth, as she looked at her father with joyful eyes. She moved her little hands towards him, making happy noises.
Miguel's eyes couldn't help but softens at her daughter, as he got closer and picked her up, holding closer to his own chest.
Conchata understood her son's feelings and nodded. She tried to speak softly now <<Mi hijo, I know you are worried for Gabriella and what could happen to her. I also know you need someone by your side.>>.
Miguel nodded, as he gave her daughter the soother again <<If Angel was here, probably everything would get better.>>
<<Maybe this had to happen, for your best and her best too.>> Conchata knew how much he cared about that woman. But they couldn't do anything about her decision of leaving them both alone.
Now Miguel's attention was on his daughter, who was trying to open his mouth and look at his sharp teeth. In fact, he was trying to do not hurt her <<Careful, mija>> he whispered to the baby, that giggled amused.

Miguel looked lost in his thoughts, as he let her daughter play with him. He indeed need help. His job required a lot of time and so his baby. Hw couldn't abandon one of these two, these were too important to him at the moment.
He let out a deep sigh, making the final decision. Miguel raised his head, looking at his mother <<Okay, let's search a nanny for Gabri.>> he said, stroking her daughter's hair. Conchata nodded, ready to find the perfect nanny that her grandchild could ever ask for.