𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝|| 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

Since that night, Gabriella looked happier than ever. And the fact that both Y/n and Miguel were in love, dating, it quickly arrived to Conchata's ears who exclaimed in excitement, finally happy that her son was dating someone again. She was so happy that she immediately called Gabriel to tell him about the news. But Gabriel wasn't surprised at all, he knew that already.
In that way they didn't have to hide the love for each other around people. But, of course, it depended on the place where they were.

Miguel left early home to go working. That day he had to work more hours for an important conference.
Miguel was always so serious about his job and he never let himself distract himself.
He worked in a big agency, and he was the boss of it. He worked here since he was 29 years old, even before that Gabriella was born.
Miguel stepped into the bustling agency, his presence commanding attention. As he made his way through the office, whispers followed in his wake.
<<Have you seen Miguel? He's so incredibly handsome!>> murmured one colleague to another.
<<And he always looks so put together.>> someone else added with a hint of admiration.
The employees couldn't help but wonder about Miguel's personal life <<Do you think he's married?>> whispered a curious coworker.
<<Or if he may be dating someone secretly?>> speculated another, their gazes lingering on Miguel's confident stride.
He was in his late 30's, yes, but he was as handsome as ever.

Reaching his office, Miguel closed the door behind him, shutting out the noise of the busy workplace. He settled into his chair, switching on his computer with a focused determination. Engrossed in his work, he barely noticed as a woman entered his office, exuding an air of flirtation.
With a seductive smile, the woman approached Miguel, attempting to engage him in a playful conversation. <<Hello, boss. Looking as irresistible as ever.>> she purred, her voice laced with suggestive intent.
However, Miguel remained unswayed, his attention firmly fixed on the task at hand. He glanced up briefly, meeting her gaze, but his response was dry and devoid of flirtatiousness <<I appreciate the compliment, but I'm busy right now.>> he replied curtly, his focus unwavering <<When you walk out the office, please close the door.>>
The woman's attempts to provoke a response from Miguel fell flat, leaving her slightly flustered. Hoping to lighten the mood, she suggested <<Perhaps we could grab a drink sometime? You must have some free time after work?>>
Miguel's expression turned serious as he ignored her gaze once more and kept working on his computer <<I don't mix business with pleasure. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to focus on my work.>> he stated firmly again, returning his attention to the computer screen.
As the woman left Miguel's office with disdain and sadness, Miguel's male coworker, Jeremiah, entered. He observed Miguel with a playful smirk, shaking his head, laying against the wall <<You're too serious, Miguel. You should loosen up a bit, even around women.>> he remarked.
Miguel sighed, his voice tinged with resignation <<I don't have time for those kinds of things, Jeremiah. My focus is on running this agency efficiently.>> he replied, his dedication evident.
Just as Miguel's thoughts were consumed by work, a knock interrupted his train of thought. He sighed, assuming it was the persistent female coworker returning for another attempt at flirtation. He exclaimed <<Dejame en paz!>>
However, when he opened the door, his eyes widened in surprise.
Standing before him was Y/n, his lover, holding documents and a packed lunch. Her presence instantly softened Miguel's gaze. She nodded at Jeremiah, as a way of saying hi, as she looked at Miguel again <<You forgot these at home.>> she said, putting them on his desk <<Did I disturb you?>> she asked.
Miguel nodded no <<No no, sorry mi amor, I thought it was... nevermind.>> he said, he gratefully accepted the items, thanking her with a gentle kiss on her hand <<Gracias.>>
Miguel's stoic demeanor melted away momentarily, revealing the affection he held for Y/n. In that brief encounter, the weight of his responsibilities momentarily lifted, reminding him of the importance of balance in his life.
As Y/n left, Miguel's eyes lingered on her retreating figure, a hint of a smile tugging at his lips.

Jeremiah, who assisted to all the scene, was ready to tease him with a smirk. As Miguel noticed it, his stoic behavior came back again and, before his coworker could say something, Miguel shutted him up <<Callate.>> he stated. He returned his attention to the documents on his desk, as Jeremiah smirked <<So that's the woman who made you look more relaxed at work, hm?>>.
Miguel ignored him <<It's my daughter's nanny.>>. Jeremiah rolled her eyes <<And you kiss nanny's hands?>> he scoffed and glanced over the woman who was walking away <<She's quite go->> but he stopped talking when he felt Miguel's piercing eyes on him. In fact when he turned, he said in a cold way <<Aparta la mirada de ella.>>.
Jeremiah was the only one who was not scared of Miguel, in fact he laughed <<I don't know what you said, but she's all yours.>>. Miguel frowned and kept working as his phone buzzed with a notification by his lover, that made his heart melt.

Ah i forgot to say that before
Love you, have a great
time at work ♡
By me and Gabri