𝐁𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩|| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

Since Miguel met the new people who worked with him and he met her, he became more operative and focused on his job. Everytime she wanted to spend a word with him, or talk, he shutted her up or he walked in another direction to do not encount her.
And all of this stayed between him and himself. For no reason, he couldn't tell Y/n. Was he scared? He didn't know. But surely he didn't want Angel between them.
<<Miguel?>>
Miguel snapped to reality, feeling a soft voice calling him and a gentle touch on his shoulder. He was sitting on the couch, as the TV was still turned on and some program was going on.
He turned and say Y/n looking at him. She was worried <<Miguel? You seem tensed up.>>.
He nodded no, rubbing his eyes <<Sorry, mi amor, I was just thinking.>> he held her hand and kissed it. Meanwhile she came and sat beside him on the couch <<About?>>.
He felt tensed up again <<Work.>> he said. It was an half truth and half lie.
He hoped his lover wouldn't discover the secret he was holding in the dark and in the deepest part of his head.
Instead she started playing with his fingers, and that made him smile a bit. She spoke gently <<Someone piss you off?>>. It was just as if she read his mind. He giggled <<Como siempre... but that's fine. I'll bear with them.>>
She nodded and leaned her head against his chest. She lover hearing the beat of his heart. And Miguel loved smelling her smell.
Then Miguel spoke again <<I took the decision to sign a contract with another company.>> he informed her. She nodded, making him understand she was listening <<Yes? Will it give good benefits?>> she asked.
<<Absolutely. Just I think I have to travel for it with other coworkers. I actually don't know who they are.>> he stroked her hair with his other hand <<This trip will be in Greece, and we should stay for 5-7 days.>>.
<<No way Greece is beautiful! When will you leave?>> she smiled and looked at him. She was happy of Miguel success and she was going to support him always, in every occasion.
<<In two weeks.>> he said, then he whispered, as if he wanted just her to hear what his was saying <<I'll miss you.>>.
She leaned closee <<Then we should spend more and more time together, shall we?>> she whispered, stroking his chest as she glanced at him in a loving way.
<<It's a great idea, mi amor...>> he whispered, kissing her softly on the lips.

But two week flew fast and now Miguel was outside his house with his suitcase well prepared, and his elegant outfit. He looked like a powerful boss.
He was saying goodbye to his mother, his daughter and his lover. Conchata smiled <<Have a good trip, mijo.>> she said as Gabriella hugged him tight. She never have been far from his father for that long <<I'll miss you, papa.>> she said, with a sad tone. He hugged her back, kissing her cheek <<I'll come back soon mija. I promise. And I'll take you a souvenir.>>.
<<Oh yes!>> she smiled, and left him. When he turned to his lover, she was smiling. She got closer and adjusted his clothes, tightening his necktie because it was too loose <<Have fun in Greece. Send us as many photos as you can.>> she smiled. He smiled too, looking at her lovingly <<I will.>>.
There was a long tension between them till they both immediately kissed softly, it was a long and loving kiss. Gabriella was watching them amazed by the fact that they both really loved each other really much. But Conchata covered her eyes. <<But abuela->> the small child tried to protest.
<<Nu-uh, give them privacy.>> the old woman said. In fact, their kiss grew more and more, as they stopped for absence of air. When they stopped, he cleared his throath and looked at them <<See you in a week.>>. With that he gave a last squeeze to Y/n's hand, before getting in the car and driving away.

Miguel stood in the bustling airport, his suitcase in hand, meeting the people that had to go with him.
<<Good morning Miguel.>> Jeremiah greeted him. Miguel nodded <<'Morning.>>.
As they waited at the departure gate, Miguel spotted a familiar face among the crowd. It was Angel. Her presence caused a chill to run down his spine. He hadn't expected to see her here, especially not on this business trip. After all, she was relatively new to the job. Miguel tried to suppress the uneasy feeling stirring within him, but it lingered like an unwelcome guest.
Angel noticed Miguel approaching and greeted him with a warm smile. <<Miguel! Ready to go in Greece?>>.
Miguel's response was short and distant. <<Yes, I am. I didn't expect to see you here.>> he frowed.
Angel's smile faltered slightly, but she tried to lighten the tension <<Well, I guess life has its surprises, doesn't it? Actually another coworker had to come and he got sick, so I took his place.>> she said.
"Fuck" Miguel first thought was that word.
<<It'll be interesting to work together.>> she smiled again.
Miguel remained cold and indifferent, his guard still up. He didn't want to let his emotions get the best of him, especially not when his focus should be on the conference. He merely nodded in acknowledgement, not offering any further conversation.

As they boarded the luxurious airplane, Miguel found his assigned seat and settled in, hoping for some solitude during the flight.
However, fate had a different plan.
Just as he sighed in relief, Angel appeared and slipped into the seat next to him, much to his annoyance.
<<¿No puedo tener un momento de paz?>> Miguel muttered in spanish under his breath, his frustration palpable.
Undeterred, Angel attempted to strike up a conversation again, hoping to bridge the gap between them <<It's been a while. How have you been?>> she meant from when they were still together.
Miguel's response was icy. <<That's not really any of your concern, Angel.>>
Angel's smile faded, hurt evident in her eyes, but she didn't give up at all. As always <<I understand that things didn't end well between us, but we're colleagues now. Can't we at least make an effort to work together?>>
Miguel's glanced at her, his composure was still cold and serious. <<This is a business trip, not a school trip to have fun. Let's keep it professional.>>
Angel nodded silently, her attempts to break through Miguel's icy demeanor falling short. She understood that rekindling their relationship was unlikely, but she had hoped for a chance to rebuild a professional rapport.
Meanwhile, Miguel was holding his phone. Angel slightly glanced at what he was doing. She noticed a chat where Miguel was typing. He could read the whole conversation.

Have you left yet?

No, we just got on the airplaine.
We are going to fly soon.

Alright then.
Have a good time ♡

Thank you.
I'll miss you and Gabri so much

We already do
( ˘͈ ᵕ ˘͈♡)
Gabriella is drawing you
And you have gigant hair
And a gigant nose too

Oh God.

You look pretty nice though

In the drawing or in real life?

Both ( ๑ ˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و ♡

Stop with these emojis, they
are cringe

But you love these

I do

Love you 𓆩♡𓆪

Te quiero mucho

From what Angel secretly read, she could say it was an important person who was probably his new lover.
But not for so long.