Chapter 7: End Of The Shadow

With haste, the four sages, Riju, Sidon, Tulin, and Yunobo, made their way to Lookout Landing. On arrival, they explained how the yiga had attacked them and tried to claim a secret stone. The attacks failed, but these actions warrant a response. Link told of the two attacks made on himself and Zelda by the yiga and it was agreed the time to act was now. Zelda, during the sage's travels, had come up with a rough plan.

Zelda: So we know the yiga have branch hideouts scattered throughout Hyrule, we need to strike at these first. In doing so we force them to return to their main hideout in the desert.
Sidon: We can handle the hideouts in our regions.
Riju: It would be a pleasure.
Link: I would hold off on hitting their main hideout, we need them to regroup for the finishing blow to work.
Zelda: Link still has a yiga disguise, he will infiltrate and attack from their back entrance. Riju, you need to attack from the front, can you do that?
Riju: My scouts have informed me they have reinforced their main entrance but nothing a few bomb flowers can't fix.
Zelda: Then that will be the signal. Does everyone know what to do?
Sages in unison: Perfectly.
Link: One last thing, do not underestimate them, do not show mercy. If this works out everyone can sleep a little safer.

With a plan in place, Zelda took refuge in Kakariko village at Link's suggestion. Even though she could defend herself for a short time Link didn't need his attention split between fighting the yiga and defending her. Each of the sages returned to their regions to weed out the yiga, Link went to the great plateau to force them out. The plan seemed to be going off without a hitch, almost too good. Even though the sages were oblivious to this, Link was getting suspicious, but the final strike was about to be launched and he didn't have time to make theories. Link met up with Riju and brought a handful of the monster control crew including Captain Hoz to support the Gerudo forces Riju was bringing. Just before reaching the main entrance Link called for a halt so he could get into place, he also handed Riju a few extra bomb flowers. Link walked up to the door disguised as a yiga foot soldier, and after a minute of looking him over, the yiga let him in.

Yiga: We are expecting an attack, we could use you in the back.
Link nods
Yiga: And be careful, word has it that the swordsman Link will be attacking from our back.
Link: (Thoughts) They knew we were coming, they know I'm here. Well, it's not the first time I've walked into a trap, hopefully, Riju will be okay.
Link enters the back room
Yiga: So you finally arrived.
Yiga: We made a mistake attacking you in your safe space, now you have made the same mistake.
Link draws his sword: The results will be the same regardless. I've been eager to test my new sword, you murderers will do.
Link instantly swapping gear
Link: Any last words?
Yiga: Time for you to join the champions

With ferocity, the Yiga descended on Link who skillfully and easily dispatched them, though Riju and the reinforcements weren't fairing so well. The bulk of the Yiga's attack was launched on the outside forces with the inside forces only there to delay Link. Though Riju was a good fighter, the others were not as skilled and Riju found herself fighting a defensive battle.

Riju: Not good, they knew we were coming.
Gerudo Soldier: What do we do chief, they have us pined down and our retreat blocked.
Riju: We have to hold out till Link can get back, that's all we can do.
Gerudo Soldier: I don't know how much longer we can hold out.
Captain Hoz: We can do it, hold nothing back. FOR THE SWORDSMAN LINK!!

With that rallying cry the monster control crew took a defensive formation Link taught them. Despite being weaker than the towering Gerudo, the Hylian's resolve was deep and unyielding. Still, things were desperate, everyone was growing weaker, and eventually, only Riju and Captain Hoz were standing strong. Back to back, they defended their crippled soldiers trying to buy time. With explosive force, the main door of the Yiga hideout blew apart and Link emerged in wrath. Unleashing an earthquake attack, Link launches himself into the air at high speed. As Link flew through the air he turned the Yiga surrounding Riju and Captain Hoz into pincushions.

Link: Sorry about the wait, but I'm here now.
Riju: You certainly know how to make an entrance.
Captain Hoz: I knew you would make it.
Yiga: How...how did you make it out of there alive!?
Link: You can ask your friends in the afterlife.
Yiga: We still outnumber them, lets get revenge for fallen our brothers!!

Link ordered Captain Hoz to stand guard by the others and leave the rest to Chief Riju and himself. Drawing his sword Link pressed down on the ruby imbedded in the hilt igniting the edge of his sword. With their combined strength Riju and Link overwhelmed the last of the yiga turning the the yellow sand red. In the aftermath Link checked all the injuries and administered first aid. Luckily there were no major injuries thanks to the determination of Riju and Captain Hoz. Link told Captain Hoz to take the monster control crew back to Lookout Landing and for everyone to have some well-earned rest. Link wanted to stay back for a bit and investigate what the Yiga knew. Riju ordered her soldiers back saying she was going to investigate with Link. The two of them uncovered many things, confirming a lot of suspicions. The Yiga had spies in lookout landing but they were recalled to reinforce the main hideout defenses. Before leaving the hideout for good Link ignites bomb flowers collapsing the cave.

Riju: Phew, it was touch and go there for a second.
Link: Let's be grateful everything ended okay.
Riju: You look like you could use a drink.
Link: A generous offer but I should get back to Zelda, she's probably worried sick.
Riju: Tell me, how long before I see a marriage invitation?
Link: What makes you...?
Riju: The way you two act around each other, I'm surprised you thought no one else knew.
Link: Well we haven't set a date, we haven't even talked about marriage. Between Zelda's research and the reconstruction efforts, there hasn't been much time for that.
Riju: Sorry for pressing you about it, but the two of you have been on my mind. You and Zelda are such good friends to me so if there is any way I can help let me know.
Link: I might just take you up on that. But for now, I should go.

The journey back to Kakariko Village was long, mostly due to Link's mind was some were else because of Riju's questions. Now that the threat of the Yiga had been dealt with Link was more determined than ever to marry Zelda. Link spent most of the trip back contemplating how he would ask Zelda, then he remembered Mipha suggested asking Yona for advice about this. But for now, Link just wanted to see Zelda again, he would make plans later. When Link arrived in Kakariko he found Zelda asleep at the entrance. Paya walked up explaining Zelda had been too anxious to rest or even eat. Link bent down, picked her up, and carried her to the inn. The next day Zelda woke up to Link sitting next to her writing in a journal. Zelda bound out of the bed checking Link, asking what happened and if he was okay. Link sat her down and explained everything that had happened and what he had found in the hideout. Zelda was relieved to hear everyone was fine and that the threat was over. Link paused for a moment then hugged Zelda closely with Zelda reciprocating instantly.