Chapter 10: Beetle-Baby

"I feel the baby moving..." Dave's voice was faint, shaking and cracking from the surprise of the new feeling.

Beetlejuice felt his breath get caught in his throat, and his eyes slowly widened in disbelievement, "Y-Ya feel the baby moving...now?" He echoed back as a question.

Dave nodded quickly, looking down at his belly and moving his shirt over it, "Watch, watch..." He instructed softly as he motioned to his swollen stomach.

Beetlejuice laid himself down on his stomach, propping his chin on his arms and eyeing his husband's bump curiously. After a few moments of waiting, a faint outline of a hand pressed up against Dave's stomach.

Beetlejuice's eyes lit up in excitement, a smile tugged the corners of his lips, "Did ya see that, Davey!? He asked quickly, his eyes sparkling.

Dave seemed lost in thoughts, his hand slowly rubbing his blanket with his thumb while his lips were pulled into a tight line.

"Davey? Davey, hey, what's the matter?" Beetlejuice whimpered, quickly moving himself to sit by his husband; he placed a hand on Dave's belly, and his other one held the black haired male's hand.

"I-I'm...I'm scared." Dave admitted shyly, looking away from his husband, ashamed.

Beetlejuice's eyebrows furrowed in concern, "Scared? Whatcha scared for?" He asked lovingly as he moved closer to his husband, kissing Dave's neck.

Dave shivered from the kiss, his face lighting up a soft red, and a faint chuckle escaped his lips. Beetlejuice chuckled back and moved up, wrapping his arm around Dave's shoulders.

"Well? Whatcha scared of?" Beetlejuice asked, tilting his head like a lost puppy.

Dave sighed slowly, putting a hand over his swollen stomach, "Well, damn...I-I'm worried about the little one." He finally admitted.

"Worried? 'Bout what?" Beetlejuice pressed, making puppy eyes towards his husband, "A-Are ya worried about something...bad happenin' to the baby?".

Dave nodded slowly, rubbing his belly with his thumb, "D-Do you think them growing so fast will...harm them?" He half whispered to his husband, turning his head to look at Beetlejuice.

Beetlejuice's face softened as he sensed his husband's stress, he lightly kissed Dave's head, "Hey, hey, it's okay, sugar! Ya gotta remember that the little critter is part ghost, and they're gonna be able to handle the ghostly styled pregnancy!" He rambled.

Dave sighed, resting his head against Beetlejuice's shoulder, "I just want our little one to be healthy in there, a-and it stresses me that I don't know how they're doing in there..." His voice trailed off, and he looked down at his bump; Beetlejuice looked down as well.

The baby was lightly pressing up on Dave's belly, moving around and pushing in various places. The sight of their baby moving around as happily as it could made the husbands smile.

"Davey, I think the little one's gonna be just fine." Beetlejuice reassured him, placing a hand over Dave's bump and rubbing up and down as he tickled the baby inside.