Chapter 1

Glass crunched under my feet as I walked back to my house after my evening shift at the diner.

I had never felt so bored in my life, I couldn't do anything. The only thing I did now was homework and working at the diner.

I wished my mom cared enough to let me go out, instead of just letting my older brother give me a 10 PM curfew.

I walked through the front door, tossing my work bag against the wall before slipping off my backpack and tossing it next to my work bag. I slipped off my shoes, I assumed Keith was probably drunk again, like always.

I pulled the hair band that was keeping my long light brown hair in a bun on the top of my head. I walked into the kitchen where there were empty beer bottles all over the kitchen island.

I grabbed as many that I could hold, walking outside and throwing them away into the recycling, having to take two trips before closing the front door and washing my hands.

"Callie?! That you?" I heard Keith shout from upstairs.

"Yeah!" I responded, walking upstairs, finding my brother sitting on the floor of the bathroom.

"Why don't you drink some water?" I offered, having taken care of him drunk about a hundred times by now.

"Ughh no. I have somewhere to be right now. Are you okay being by yourself?" Keith grinned.

"I'm 16 now, of course I'll be fine." I rolled my eyes."Can I go out at all? My friends are having a party tonight."

"Oh come you know how I feel about that." Keith stood up, I heard him walk downstairs.

I sighed. Maybe I could follow him...? Where does he go anyway? I thought to myself.

I knew my brother didn't go by Keith anymore, he went by Two-Bit, I never understood why.

I grabbed my shoes as I heard the front door slam. I pulled on a jean jacket over my t-shirt, pulling my hair out from under the fabric.

I walked out the front door after about 10 seconds, locking the door before slipping the key into my pocket.

I followed my brother down the street, my light blue eyes widening when I saw him open the gate to a house I'd never seen before.

I waited about five minutes before I walked up to the door, knocking on it.

A teenage boy I  didn't know answered the door, he was tall with tanish skin, golden dark brown hair, and brown eyes.

"Uh can I help you?" He asked.

"Uhm..." I thought quickly.

We talked for a few minutes, as I decided what to do.

"Oh, I'm Sodapop, by the way." He grinning softly at me, looking kind of like a movie star.

"I'm Callie, I'm Keith's younger sister." I said casually.

"Oh you're Two-Bits sister..?" Soda let me inside, Two-But was sitting on the couch.

"Callie?!" "Why the fuck are you here?" Two-Bit glares at me.

"Why are you here?" I answered, my voice thick with sass, and I snapped slightly at my brother.

"That is none of your business. You are going home." Two-Bit glares at me.

"Why should I listen to you? I'm 16, not a baby." I rolled my eyes, glaring back at him.

"Callie.." Two-Bit's face flashed with warning as his tone filled with anger.

That started a full on argument, Soda walked into the hallway and I heard a door close to what I assumed was his bedroom.