Chapter 19

(Colab with SimpForSodapopCurtis )

I sighed, sitting down next to Elora on my couch. I had been chatting with her about how things between her and Soda have been going and how they are and that kind of thing. Then she asked me about Dallas.

"Oh... uhm we're dating.. again." I replied sheepishly.

I glanced at Elora, smiling softly.

"That's good, you two are a cute couple" Elora smiled in my direction, still seeming a little shy.

I shrugged. "More complicated than anything." I sighed.

Elora chuckled, "that's how relationships are."

"Ugh but Dallas it's so... I love him don't get me wrong but he can be so I don't know PDA and touchy around other people it's hard to believe." I sighed.

"I get that, if it were anybody else, I would tell you to talk about it, but it's Dally. He's a complicated person."

I shrugged. "He's jealous too, and it's kind of annoying but what can you do?"

"Wish I could help more." Elora sighed.

"It's not your fault. I get Dal has issues in the past and that's why he is the way he is but it's hard to put up with sometimes. Especially since I'm still getting used to being able to go anywhere I want and that kind of thing." I rolled my eyes. My relationship with Dallas had its cracks but I wanted it to work. I *needed* it to work.

"That's perfectly fine, I know it is sometimes hard to put up with some you love, especially when you see them all the time."

I nodded. "But I've been without him before and it's just so...hard." I sighed. "With him and without him I'm a fucking mess. Sorry I'm rambling." I turned back to Elora with a sorry smile.

"It's alright, I'm better at listening anyways." Elora paused, thinking what to say, she opened her mouth to speak, but had nothing to say.

I nodded. "I normally am as well, just everything has been AGH lately."

"I understand that." Elora said.

"My nightmares came back." I groaned, I had told Elora about my whole nightmare situation a few weeks ago. Most of the time they were about people dying or something happening. Permissions. And they were terrible, I thought Dallas was the cure since I didn't have them for the past week but yesterday I found out I was mistaken.

"Oh." She said.

"It was worse this time..." I signed, rubbing the faint bruise on my cheek.

"What happened this time?" She asked. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

I swallowed hard, biting my bottom lip. "Your father came back. I don't know how I knew it was him but I did." My expression changed to sorrow.

Elora was at a loss for words. I knew she hadn't heard from him in a year, it's been a while. That's what gave her chills. "Oh." She said.

"There's more..." I bit my lip down harder. "I don't know what he does but he does something to you or me and Dallas almost kills him. He doesn't go to jail for it but still..."

"Your dreams are scarily detailed."

"I know. I hate it." I groaned. "I'm so sorry.." I sighed.

"It's-it's alright. Not like it's your fault" She chuckled to lighten the mood, but it didn't work very well.

I heard someone knock on my door. I stood up. "One sec." I opened it, surprised Dallas was there. "Uh hi?" I said, looking up at him.

"Are you okay? Where's Elora? Soda's gonna flip if she's not here." He sounded breathless like he had ran all the way here.