Chapter 10

A few months later:

I wiped down an empty table, chatter filling the busy diner. I focused on what I was doing, Abby serving the table next to me.

I heard the bell of the front door and payed it no attention, since it was probably just a new costumer.

"Oh my lordy lord! The big bad wolf is back!" Abby yelled over to me.

I glanced up, looking at you. "Hm?" I said, my voice soft as my whole face clouded with confusion.

Then I felt someone's arms around my waist.

"Hey doll." Dallas chuckled from the back of his throat in my ear, making it sound all deep and husky like.

I blushed. "Dallas?" I said in surprise, turning around and throwing my arms around his neck, hugging him.

"Hey." He chuckled and surprisingly hugged back, spinning her around.

I glanced at Abby over his shoulder, giving her a 'don't start' look. "I'll go ask my boss if I can end my shift early." I said before walking into the kitchen.

"Where's my hug?" Abby pouted.

"Fine." He grumbled and Abby quickly hugged him.

"Y'know you're an idiot?" She giggled, pulling away from the hug.

"Yup." He chuckled, following me as I went behind the counter.

"You aren't supposed to be back here but you never listen so never mind" She mumbled

I asked my boss if I could end my shift and to my surprise he said yes for both me and Abby to go home early. I quickly changed out of my uniform into jeans and a t-shirt before walking back to where Dallas was standing next to Abby behind the counter.

"Say hello to your new barista." Dallas smirked.

"Barista is a girl idiot!" Abby giggled.

I laughed. "You'd look good in a dress." I teased.

I smirked. "So how was it in jail?" I teased, looking at Dallas.

"Amazing, I didn't have to see you or Abby!" He exclaimed with a smirk of his own.

"Damn. My heart." I gasped dramatically.

"What heart?" He smirked.

"You got the people  mixed up Dally, you're thinking of yourself" Abby teased.

I laughed. "Two might actually be happy to see you." I had been somewhat depressed while Dallas had been in jail but no one knew that except Abby and Two-Bit had assumed as much.

"Since when?" Dally chuckled.

"Well someone has been missing you dearly." Abby smirked.

"Oh hush." I rolled my eyes.

"And he might. I didn't say he would." I rolled my eyes, smirking back.

"Oh yeah? You missed me doll?" Dally smirked, wrapping his arms around my waist and looking down at me.

"Pfft- I thought you'd get your ass beat in jail. Wouldn't be the first time so I've heard?" My eyebrows raised and I faked confidence so he wouldn't see how embarrassed and shy I felt.

"I'd beat their ass actually." Dally whispered, getting closer to my face.

I took a step back, aware we were in front of Abby.

"Oh? That's why you went in the first place." I rolled my eyes.

"No it's because I robbed a place." He smirked, stepping closer until my hit the counter.

"Do I make you uncomfortable doll?" He whispered in my ear, wrapping his arms back around my waist.

"Use protection, i'll be outside." Abby giggled, walking away.

I swallowed hard, my brain stopping as I tried to think of an answer. I could hear my heart beating in my ears.

I slipped out of his grip again, walking outside quickly.

(The whole diner like 👁️👄👁️)

He chuckled as she walked away and followed me outside, pushing me against  a wall, his hands on either side of me, next to my waist.

"I asked you a question doll." He whispered, getting close to my face again.

My hair has grown out over the past few months, now to my upper back, the bleach faded and replaced with a light light brown that slowly got darker until it reached my natural color.

"Oh? What's that?" I asked.

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" He asked, our faces inches apart.

I swallowed hard. "Sometimes." I said, glancing down at the sidewalk noticing all the cracks in it.

He grabbed my chin softly, making me look up at him. "Am I making you uncomfortable right now?" He whispered, leaning even closer.

My light blue eyes widened. My brain stopped working and I forgot how to speak.

"I-uh- Yes?" My face felt like the inside of an oven.

"So if I asked to kiss you would you be uncomfortable?" He mumbled.

My throat felt like it closed up and I couldn't get my brain to work to respond. I was very aware of how close we were in that moment.

I felt the brick wall against my back, my heart beat pounding in my ears like a drum.

"Would you doll?" Dallas asked, leaning even closer.

Our noses were almost touching at that point, out lips almost an inch apart, maybe less.

I felt my breathing get quicker and more shallow.

"I-I don't know.." I managed to squeak.

Damn what is he doing to me...? I thought. I can't even think straight or speak anymore.

"Then I guess we'll find out." He smirked before fully leaning in and softly kissing me.

I felt my heart stop for a second as I realized what was happening.

I kissed him back, my heart pounding.

He quickly wrapped his arms around my waist, happy that I  kissed back and continued to kiss me.

I eventually pulled away, pulling my waist from his grip. I knew time had passed and it had to be more than a few minutes.

"The guys probably want to see you? They'll be happy you're out of jail." I said softly.

"So you are uncomfortable." He chuckled.

"Maybe." I smirked. "Come on. They'll be happy to see you."

"Fine." He groaned.

"Are you guys done playing tonsil tennis?" Abby smirked, leaning against a light pole.

Chapter 10: 1005 words