Chapter 5

After the movie I met up with Johnny at the park, needing to cool off after the movie.

"Hey Callie, what's up?" Johnny smiled, looking up at the stars.

"Ugh Dallas is pissing me off." I sighed, sitting down next to him.

"Whats new?" He sighed.

"I don't know what his problem is. Just makes me want to kill him sometimes." I laid down, glancing at Johnny.

"He's always like this?" I asked.

"Always, usually not to me though." He chuckled, wrapping and arm around my shoulder.

I heard the engine of a car and I sat up. A few Socs got out of the car. "Shit." I mumbled, my eyes widening.

"Johnny." I said, my face going pale.

"J-just stay cool." He mumbled, also losing the color in his face.

I climbed on top of the jungle gym thing that was in the park, anxiety and fear filling my stomach.

A group of socs pooled out of the car and Johnny looked like he had seen a ghost. "Y-you better watch it, y-you're in our territory now!" Johnny said.

"No you better watch it bud. I heard your friend was hitting on my lady, wanna see what we do to their lady?" He growled, looking at me.

"Excuse me?" I said, my eyes filling with anger and warning.

I felt the handle of the switchblade in my jean jacket, I wasn't going to use it but I knew Johnny would use his.

"You heard me. Do you know what greasers are?" He taunted.

I was suddenly very aware I was wearing a dress, even if I did have shorts on.

"What?" I asked, my tone filled with calm
anger.

"They are white trash with long greasy hair" he snarled.

"You know what Socs are?" I snarled back. "White trash with mustangs and madras." "I don't know why you're here but get the fuck out." My eyes blazed  with fake confidence.

"Get 'em!" He shouted causing the socs to start attacking us.

"Shit!" I hoped off of the bar, my feet hitting the ground, yelling at Johnny to run.

Johnny quickly jumped down but the socs caught him and threw him to the ground quickly.

I screamed as Bob grabbed my arms, I punched him in the face, trying to grab the switchblade from my pocket.

"GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME!"

Bob quickly punched me causing me to fall to the ground unconscious and Johnny jumped up without thinking and stabbed him.

"Shit." He muttered.

Johnny splashed water on me hoping I would wake up and was shakily staring at his bloody blade and the dead body.

I gasped, walking up. I screamed when I saw Bob laying next to me, scrambling to my feet.

"Callie be quiet!" Johnny muttered still shaking and staring at his blade.