Chapter 17

Once we got to the Curtis house I hopped out of the car and closed the door. I smoothed my dress before walking through the front door. "Hey y'all!!"

"Oh! Hey!" Soda tackled me onto the couch, hugging me.

I squealed in surprise. "AH HI GOOD TO SEE YOU TOO!" I burst out laughing.

"Hey Callie!" Two-Bit smiled, still watching Mickey.

I rolled out from under Soda, glad I was wearing shorts under my dress. I was laughing harder than I had in months.

"Where have you been?" Soda asked, messing up my hair before walking into the kitchen to tell Darry I was there.

"Heaven." I joked, fixing my hair once he disappeared into the kitchen.

"More like hell." Two-Bit mumbled.

"Pffft!" I heard Soda say from the kitchen.

"Hey Cal!" I heard Darry call, his head popping into the living room.

"Oh shut up." I rolled my eyes, smiling, the dimple on my right cheeks showing.

"Language." Steve mocked.

"Thank Mom. I just said shut up." I teased.

Dallas sat down on the couch as I stood up, walking over my brother, who was sitting on the floor, walking into the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water.

"Hey, we haven't seen you in weeks!" Darry side hugged me, mixing a bowl of chocolate cake batter.

I hugged him back, opening the top of the bottle, sitting back onto the couch.

"We heard about your dattteeee." Soda teased, sitting down next to me.

I felt my face flush, I glanced at Dallas who was sitting on the other side of me. "Oh did you?"

"How did it go?" Soda's grin was goofy.

"It was.. nice." I nodded, biting my lower lip.

I felt embarrassed for some reason, talking about this kind of thing.

"She went off the rails because of me." Dally smirked.

I elbowed him in the ribs. "I did not." I said, gasping dramatically as if he accused me of doing something terrible.

"Sure." He snickered.

Soda laughed, messing up my hair again like an older brother would.

I rolled my eyes, taking a sip of water. I gently smacked Soda's hands away.

"We're going to the beach tomorrow if you want to come?" Soda offered, looking at me and then to Dallas.

"Sure I love the beach!" I said, smiling sweetly.

"Only if she wears a bikini." Dallas smirked.

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped, I turned my head and stared at Dallas.

"Yes doll?" He snickered.

"I-I what?" I was flabbergasted.

Soda laughed, and I saw Two-Bit stare at me.

"You.. I uh..." I couldn't get my brain to work.

"I vote she wears one too!" Steve hollered.

"HEY!" I said, my face turning red before I burst out laughing.

Not like I have anything to show by wearing a top so I shrugged. "Fine I will."

"Victory!" Steve shouted.