Chapter 10

Don't ask me how on earth I got here.

I'm in the backseat of Derek's beautiful black Camaro. Stiles, Scott, and I are tailing my parents' car at a distance as they try to shoot Derek... just a normal Tuesday evening occurrence.

"Faster?" Scott asks.

"Much faster," Stiles replies.

"Uhh, guys," I yelp worriedly, watching Aunt Kate's car tail us. "My murderous aunt is following us!"

I duck down by sinking into the back seat so she can't see me. I wince as I hear shots firing up ahead.

"Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of a car chase here..." Stiles chips in, panicking.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us!"

"And damage the beautiful car," I mumble.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles yells.

"Also true," I concur.

Stiles looks over his shoulder, his hand gripping Scott's headrest as he turns his body in his seat. That's kinda hot. "...they're gone."

"Turn right," I instruct Scott, "Maybe we can get to Derek first!"

Doing as he's told, Scott makes a sharp right. We spot Derek up ahead, who's running as fast as I do when there's food involved. In other words, super fast. Super duper fast.

"Get in!" Stiles yells. Derek clambers in the back seat beside me.

Scott starts driving quickly. "What part of 'lying low' don't you understand???" Scott inquires.

"Damn it, I had him!"

"Who?" I ask. "The alpha?"

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up."

"Woah!" Stiles objects, "They're just doing their jobs..."

"True," I mumble.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most-wanted fugitive in the entire state!"

"Also true," I mumble.

Stiles stares at me, incredulous. "Hey, who's side are you on?!"

Scott groans. "Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it. Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?"

"Yeah!" Stiles exclaims.

"You really think I'm going to trust you two dumbasses?" Derek retorts bitingly.

"Strongly picking up on the words 'you two'," Stiles mutters.

"Me too," Scott concurs.

I sink back into my seat, smug.

"Look," Derek says, "The last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."

"Our Chemistry teacher?!" Stiles exclaims, "Why him?"

"I don't know yet," Derek answers. "And the second is some kind of symbol."

He shows a detailed drawing to Scott. I lean forward to see what it is. "What?" Derek asks, noticing that Scott and I know what it is.

"It's on Allison's necklace," I utter, "Aunt Kate gave it to her for her birthday this year."

"Great," Derek says. Scott decides to try and get the necklace back so that he has the opportunity to talk to Allison again. I don't object... I think Allison misses him a lot, so this will be good for them both.