The Ones Within Us

The scene opens with Bakugo pushing Izuku out of the way and taking the hit as red and black tendrils are stabbed into his chest.

Wide, horrified eyes filled the room as muffled gasps and worried cries echoed, all directed at the screen.

Meanwhile, Bakugo himself stared at the screen with a passive expression, his heart and mind filled with complicated thoughts. Sacrificing oneself for someone else was more in line with what Deku believed a hero should be, not him. For Bakugo, it was always about winning, regardless of the situation – whether it was battling villains, rescuing someone, or even just in mundane school exercises. Anything less than a perfect victory was unacceptable.

But then, he recalled the words his on-screen self had thought just before saving Deku, 'My body moved on its own.' It was the same phrase Deku had uttered when asked why he had come to save him from that sludge villain. A chuckle almost escaped Bakugo's lips as he wondered if he had now become the kind of hero All Might would be proud of.

However, he couldn't help but ponder: what had compelled his body to act that way? Was it his heroic instincts, pushing him to take the attack on behalf of a fellow hero? Was it his rational mind, urging him to rescue the boy he once called his friend... though he questioned whether he had any right to call Izuku his friend now? Or was it his heart, acting out of guilt, as a way to atone for past mistakes? An apology to the boy who, despite their rocky history, had always held nothing but admiration and concern for his well-being.

There were so many questions swirling in his mind, but right now, his concern was for Izuku more than himself. He glanced at the boy in question, who was gritting his teeth as tears leaked from his eyes, and the familiar glow of One for All was visible around his body.

'It's my fault. Why do I have to be so weak? Why-' Izuku's guilt-ridden, self-deprecating thoughts were interrupted by the voice in his head.

'Stop it! You're going into a fit of rage. Banjo is having a hard time restricting Blackwhip from manifesting,' the Second chided Izuku.

'But Kachaan-'

'He's alright. Both the on-screen version and the loud blonde sitting in the audience,' the Third added with a sigh. 'The on-screen version will live; they are not mortal wounds, and knowing that brat, he'll be on his feet before the end of the battle.'

Upon hearing that, Izuku finally took a deep breath and calmed down. However, for the onlookers, it seemed quite strange how Izuku was on the verge of bursting into anger but suddenly regained his composure.

"D-Don't try... to win by yourself..." Bakugo stammers, blood spilling from his mouth as he coughs.

"Maybe talking is not the best idea right now," Izuku said with a strained smile.

"Don't tell me what to do, nerd," Bakugo shot back without his usual flare in his voice.

Meanwhile, everyone stared at them, giving them weird looks.

Meanwhile, "Stop it..." Tomura struggled to resist All For One's control over his body, retracting the tendrils from Bakugo's chest, which sent Bakugo tumbling toward the ground.

"Kacchan...!" Izuku screamed and attempted to catch him, but Shoto, carrying the injured Endeavor in his arms, beat him to it by quickly grabbing Bakugo by his leg.

"See, I told you, you should have brought me along from the start," Shoto remarked. "And Bakugo, you owe me one now."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I will make Cold Soba for you as payback," Bakugo said with an annoyed expression on his face.