Dialogues and Discourse pt.2

The next morning, on the girls' side of the dorms, Jiro stood outside Momo's room. She yawned and stretched her arms, trying to dispel the lingering drowsiness from the previous day's events.

"Momo, are you up?" Jiro asked while knocking on Momo's door but raised her brow when she didn't receive any response from her best friend's room. She knocked again. "Momo, are you inside?" This time, she heard shuffling sounds from inside the room, accompanied by quick footsteps approaching toward the door.

The door to Momo's room swung open, revealing Momo with disheveled hair and faint dark circles under her eyes. "Hey, Kyoka, do you need something?"

"No, not really. I was just checking if you want to come downstairs for breakfast but forgot about that for now. Tell me, what's up with you, girl?" Jiro replied, her voice tinged with concern. "You look like you haven't had any sleep at all."

"Yeah, you can say that," Momo sighed. "There were a lot of things on my mind and a lot of thoughts to sort out. But you don't have to worry about it..." A beautiful smile bloomed on her face. "... I'm alright now. I dare say much better than before."

"I'm glad—" Jiro began, but her sentence was cut short by another groan emanating from within Momo's room, causing a hint of red to creep onto Momo's cheeks. "What was that?" Jiro inquired.

"N-nothing! There isn't anything at all!" Momo said, trying to shield her room from Jiro's prying eyes.

"Really?" Jiro teased, a mischievous grin forming on her lips. "Then you wouldn't mind if I stepped inside your room, right?"

"O-of course not! Why would I mind?" Momo replied with a forced smile. "But I wouldn't recommend it right now since there's quite a mess in the room."

"Oh, don't worry about that," Jiro said nonchalantly, waving her hand. "I frequently hang out in Mina's or Denki's rooms, so I doubt your room could be any messier than theirs."

"Still I don't- Hey! Wait Don't!" Momo tried to offer another excuse, but Jiro paid no heed and gently nudged Momo aside, making her way into Momo's room and what she discovered inside made her grin even wider.

In front of Jiro's eyes was Izuku Midoriya, their resident 'broccoli boy,' sitting on the floor, absentmindedly rubbing his eyes, oblivious to the two girls standing before him.

"Well, well, well, Momo, watcha got there?" Jiro asked, a mischievous grin playing on her lips as she looked at her friend.

"Empty cups," Momo replied, gesturing toward the two empty cups beside Izuku with a strained smile on her face.

"Oh, I see those cups, but I was actually talking about the hulking broccoli over there," Jiro quipped, pointing at Izuku.

Meanwhile, the boy in question, who had just woken up from his sleep, was entirely unaware of everything going on around him. Then he finally noticed Jiro and Momo standing in front of him. "Mo, Jiro, good morning," greeted them with a sheepish smile. But then he tilted his head somewhat puzzled. "But what are you doing in my room?"

"Good morning, Izu..." Momo said with a sigh. "Also, you are not in your room."

"Oh..." Izuku replied, his memory of the previous night flooding back. 'OH!' he thought and hastily patted himself down, heaving a sigh of relief as he realized he was fully dressed. 'So... nothing happened,' he reassured himself.

"Good morning to you as well, Green," Jiro teased with a smirk. "By the way, 'Mo' and 'Izu'? Did I miss something?"

Izuku blushed and scratched the back of his neck. "Well, I confessed to Momo last night, and she returned my feelings, so we're a thing now."