Dialogues and Discourse pt.1

It was late at night, and the moon hung in the sky, accompanied by the stars that twinkled above. Under this beautiful night sky, Izuku Midoriya found himself perched on the edge of the 1-A dormitory's rooftop, gazing into the distance with a whirlwind of thoughts in his mind.

The events of the day had left an indelible mark on him, and it was clear that sleep wouldn't come easily, especially after the conversation he had just had with the other wielders of One for All. That's why, after finishing his conversation with them, he immediately walked to the terrace to get some fresh air and clear his mind. However...

"Izuku..." At the sound of a familiar voice calling his name, Izuku turned around to find Momo standing there, her smile lighting up the night. "... couldn't sleep?" she inquired as she joined him on the terrace.

"Yeah, I just had a lengthy conversation with the previous One for All holders," Izuku replied.

"Oh! Was it similar to what we saw earlier?" Momo asked with a hint of curiosity in her voice.

"Yeah, it was quite similar," Izuku chuckled. "A dark void, a single piece of land, nine thrones, and seven people along with an All Might-looking figure made out of golden flames. And then there was me, with half of my body covered in black smoke."

"I see..." Momo responded, settling down beside Izuku on the terrace's edge. "So, what did you talk about... of course, you don't have to tell-"

"Relax, it's fine," Izuku reassured her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "We didn't discuss any classified secrets or strategies for dodging off-screen space cleaves. We simply talked about what we all witnessed today," Izuku said, his gaze shifting down at his lap.

"Well, they just wanted to know how I felt about all the things we learned from watching that alternate timeline," Izuku continued. "More importantly, they wanted to know how I felt about the whole 'last wielder of One for All' thing and what it means for the future of the quirk."

"To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how to feel about it," Izuku admitted, his gaze fixed on his hand as he allowed a trace of One for All to dance between his fingers. "Knowing that I'll be the final bearer of this legacy is a heavy burden you know, especially after witnessing all that All Might accomplished with this very power," he sighed, his uncertainty weighing on him.

"But you are not All Might, or a more proper way to say this would be that you cannot become All Might," Momo said. "You have to become your own hero. I'm sure even All Might would want that."

"I know, Momo, trust me... I know," Izuku said with a thoughtful smile. "It's just that I'm not entirely certain how to go about it. Over time, my body will likely adjust to harness most of the accumulated power, and when that occurs, I'll grow stronger... perhaps even too strong."

"And why is that a problem?" Momo inquired, her expression taking on a more serious tone as she noticed Izuku's hesitation.

"Well, I'm not sure if I should say this, but have you seen the consistent rise in crime rates since All Might's retirement?" Izuku sighed. "Ever since his battle at Kamino, our nation's stability has been progressively eroding. Criminal organizations like Shie Hassaikai and the Meta Liberation Front have grown bolder, openly making their moves, and even smaller criminals are becoming more audacious."

"Izuku, where are you heading with this?" Momo asked, her head slightly tilting in confusion.

"Don't you see it, Momo? Don't you see how complacent everyone became due to All Might's presence?" Izuku questioned. "All Might's strength and heroism alone managed to significantly reduce the crime rate in our country during the height of All for One's villainous reign. Not only did he dismantle All for One's empire, but his very existence instilled hope and trust in heroes within the hearts of the people."