Chapter 2: Welcome Back

Jade

I see the Ball State University sign, as I pull onto campus and see all the cars and people walking around. This reminds of my first day of college back when everything wasn't complicated. When I drive all the way down to where all the sport houses are I can already see the chaos I am about to walk into.

I pulled up in front of the softball house and the lawn was full of people. I see my teammates and my friend Maddie. I put on the biggest smile that I can and when I got out of the car I waved at my teammates and friends. When I reached the sidewalk I looked straight ahead and it was a clear path to my boyfriend Matt. I faked an expression of I can't believe it's you and started to run towards him.

He ran towards me and when we met in the middle I jumped in his arms. He caught me and spun us around. And then we kiss. From the outside again to everyone we are perfect. After that we took on the chaos together like a perfect couple.

We gave autographs and took pictures. We even did a couple of interviews for the school. Honestly if softball doesn't work out for me I could always become an actress.

When we finally got everyone to leave. We walked inside the softball house. My teammates already were inside and pretty much finished unpacking their stuff. Maddie and Kat were sitting in the living room when we walked in.

Matt still acting like the perfect boyfriend still has his hand on my lower back when we walked in. He says hi to Kat and Maddie.

Maddie- Hey it's Jade and Matt we didn't know that you guys were even here yet. (You can definitely hear the sarcasm)

Very funny Maddie how was your trip getting here? ( she is from Minnesota)

Maddie- not too bad but I didn't get as big of a welcome back as you did. But then again I'm glad.

Yeah it was very chaotic out there. How are you Kat? (Not me trying to change the subject)

Kat- You know me I always having a good time especially when I know that we are having a great party tonight.

Matt- So true anyways I got to bounce and get the alcohol and stuff set up in our joining backyards for the party.

He kisses me and says that he will see me later at the party. I watched him walk out the door and when he does it makes me feel like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. Maddie noticed.

Kat told me that Matt is the sweetest guy she ever met. And she gets up to go to the kitchen.

I asked Maddie if she could give me a hand with all my bags, and she said only if I will buy her coffee and breakfast. Which I agreed to. So we went out to my car and grabbed all of my bags and took them to my room. I unpacked all of my stuff and set everything up. When I finished I went out back with the rest of my team to help set for the party.

I helped setting up the sound system since my brother Caden is an audio engineer and taught me how to set them up.

Maddie- it's a good thing that Caden is an audio engineer and taught you how to set up the speaker system.

So true because I don't know what you would do without me lol. And don't forget about my brother Hayden. He is a pro bowler and he teaches young kids. So inspiring.

Maddie- yeah your family is definitely a lucky one.

But it's great to have a friend like you who keeps me grounded. Anyways do you want to go in and get ready for the party? Hana is also coming over to get ready too.

Maddie- count me in lol.

So we went inside which was great timing because Hana just knocked on the front door. We all headed up to my room to get ready Hana helped me pick out my outfit. I ended up wearing Jean short shorts, a black tank top with a see through button up with a collar. I left my button up unbuttoned. Then Maddie helped me with my makeup and hair. My hair is down and curled.

When I looked in the full length mirror, Maddie and Hana looked at me in wow. They told me that I was beautiful and hot. Honestly I believed them in this moment. We hugged and then we took selfies and posted them on each other's social media accounts.

After that we went downstairs, and when we reached the backyard and I saw the look on Matt's face I knew it was going to be a bad night.

As the party went on Matt and I were pretending to be a perfect couple. If we were not standing together we're still in each other's sight.

Maddie, Hana, and I spent most of the time on the dance floor. Once in a while Matt would steal me away for a dance, but I always ended up back with my girls.

We ended up taking a break from dancing to go play some beer pong. Which I am the champion at.

As I was playing I noticed that Matt was pretty hammered and the way he was looking at me I knew that he is more upset than earlier when I first came down the stairs.

When the round of beer pong was over, Matt came over with his game winning smile saying that's my girl and hugs me from behind. I turn my head towards him and he gives me a peck on the lips. Then he looks at my friends and teammates. He tells them that he is stealing me away. He grabs my hand and leads me inside.

When we got to my room, he shuts and locks the door and the atmosphere turned cold. I just stood there quietly by my desk while he paces back and forth until he stopped in front of me.

Matt- why are you dressed like that? It makes you look like a slut.

I don't look like a slut. (I shouldn't have said that)

After I said that he hit me across the face. He hit me so hard my face started to swell and my bottom lip started to bleed.

Matt- don't talk back to me. I know what I am talking about you had every guy at this party looking at your ass.

I can't control how much guys check me out. (I definitely shouldn't have said that)

For that one I earned a punch to the that sent crashing into my desk. With that I couldn't stand anymore so he picked me up and dropped me on my bed.

Matt- you could have controlled it by not shaking your ass all night long on the dance floor.

This time I just agreed with him and promised him that I will never do it again. He did his usual half apology again. He went and got me ice for my face and then left for the rest of the night.

I stayed in my room for the rest of the night hiding so nobody will ask me what happened to my face. I laid in my bed crying wanting all of this to end.

An hour later Hana came up to my room to check on me. I told her what happened and she held me saying everything will be okay until I fell asleep.

Author note: sorry for making the chapters so dark. But as the the saying goes things get worse before they get better. Also don't be afraid to comment.