Chapter 7: Do Dreams Mean Something?

Jade

When I was a sleep I couldn't decide if it was a dream or a nightmare. It definitely started out as a nightmare. Matt and I was back in the medical room arguing.

Matt- This relationship is real to me, so stop saying that we are pretending.

But I am pretending Matt because I don't love you anymore. I haven't been in love with you for a very long time. Our relationship was not always been fake, but it has been a fake relationship for me a very long time.

Matt- why are you saying that? Do you have feelings for someone else?

I am just being honest, and no I don't have feelings for anyone else.

Matt- I don't believe you. I bet you have feelings for that basketball player. I heard all of the comments you made about her to her sister.

I was just joking around Matt. (Or was I?)

Matt- The funny part about this is that you know you're mom will never accept your choice to be with a woman. It's against her beliefs and she will disown you.

My mom does love me.

Matt- not when she finds out about this. You will lose everyone over this and the basketball player was just being nice. She will never love you. At this point no one will care if you die or live.

With that he beat me up the same way he did the first time we were in here. But after he left me to bleed out on the floor it wasn't the security guard who found me.

Nika- Oh My God someone we need help in here.

She ran over to me and held me and tried to stop me from bleeding out.

Nika- come on Jade stay with me. You will not die on me. You are strong, so please stay with me.

I tried so hard to stay awake for her. Especially since she believes in me and sees the real me. And the way she is fighting for me makes me feel like I am the only thing she cares about. And all I feel in this moment is that I need to fight for her. But just like in real life I fell unconscious.

That's when I woke up and looked at my phone. It's 5:00am and no one else is up. I walk down to the kitchen to get me a water and I sat down at the island. I sit there wondering what my dream means. It's true that Matt believed that every single time a person compliments me, that person wants to replace him. It's true that my mom doesn't support the lgbtq+ community. She believes that it's going to be the reason humanity will end. So yes if I told my mom that I am attracted to women there is a strong possibility that she would disown me. But the thing is I don't have feelings for any woman. (Or do I?)

Honestly Nika might be the only exception. There's just something about her that makes me feel like I'm seen. Plus I couldn't keep my eyes off her at the game. It's not like how it is when I watch the games on tv. It was like I was drawn to her I even watched her sit on the bench for a few moments.This is just crazy I can't be into Nika can I?

A few minutes later, I finished my water and went back to my room and laid down on my bed. I picked up my phone and stared at it until I got enough courage to message a certain basketball player.

Nika

It's 6:00am and I barely slept. I opened my phone looking at videos and photos of Jade. Yes I am kinda a stalker right now. I just want to know more about her. I know that she's from Illinois, and that she is a triplet. Her middle name is Elizabeth named after her grandmother. (She said so in an interview). Her family is republicans. Also her favorite color is red and man does she look beautiful in red. She got nil deals with many brands since she became the number one college softball player and national champion. Which brings me to the article about her fourth state championship win in high school. Where she's literally getting bandaged up during the interview because she played the last three innings with a fractured left forearm. Which is impressive considering she is the catcher and she hit the winning run home with a triple.

So, I am going to say it again and say that Jade is a very talented, dedicated, and strong in her own way. Plus she's very humble which actually reminds me of Paige in more ways than one. But it makes sense because she is a big fan of Paige.

A few minutes later, Paige walks in and asks what I am looking at. I tell her that it's none of her business.

Paige- I bet you are looking at Jade online again. Also I bet you are wondering why she hasn't texted you yet. Especially since she messaged me yesterday thanking me for everything and had me pass on the gratitude to you. (Hana and Paige talked and decided to see how much Nika actually likes Jade)

Shut up Paige and then I flipped her off. Which just makes her laugh. Before Paige left she reminds me we have practice at 9am so I actually need to get up and around. So I threw on a hoodie and joggers. When we were heading to practice I got the text message I have been waiting for.

Author note: Yes I know the chapter is a little short, but I still believe that this is a good start in the right direction. Just don't forget to comment.