Chapter 19: Taking a Leap

Jade

Two weeks later

I have been living in a dream these last two weeks. Me and Nika have been doing well with virtual dating, by going on FaceTime dates.
So far we have done a lot of things together with FaceTime, but I am definitely ready to go on a real date.

That's why me and Hana are heading to UConn to surprise her.  Right now Nika believes that I am heading home early for Christmas and Hana is going with me. But in reality we are heading to surprise her at her game.

Hana- My sister is going to be so happy when she sees you.

I honestly can't believe that I am doing this.

Hana- It just shows how much you are falling for her.

Yeah I never fell for anyone like this. It is definitely new territory for me.

Hana- You know if you are serious about her, you will have to tell your mom. Which means you will have to come out of the closet.

Well I am definitely thinking about it especially since you both have been invited to Christmas with us.

Hana- don't tell me that you are going to tell your parents on Christmas.

I was thinking about it, but I am waiting for the right time. Like my mom said be patient and the moment will come to you.

Hana- By the way does Nika know that you still haven't told your parents?

The moment she said that I made a guilty face.

Hana- so you are telling me that you didn't tell Nika about your mom?

We never bring up my mom, but we talked about how I wanted her to be with me when I tell my dad. Because he will be happy for us. But my mom never comes up, and that's because I am not close to her.

Hana- Okay so she only knows half of what she is getting into.

Don't worry I am going to tell her about my mom.

Hana- let me guess you are going to tell her at the last minute. Like you guys will pull up in the driveway and you will look at her and tell her about your mom.

No that would be ridiculous. It would be ridiculous right?

Hana- Yes it would.

Dang it. But you did mention it once to her.

Hana- I did but I don't think she took it seriously. But it is serious. I would bet your mom would kick her out of the house and then find a way to keep you apart. She definitely could figure out a way especially because she is a politician.

True. I guess we will have to keep it a secret or walk away from my family. But I honestly don't see the second option as an option because my mom wouldn't let me do that. She would just make us break up.

Hana- yeah it definitely sucks to be you.

Gee thanks.

For the rest of our flight we talked about what we wanted to do over the break and how we already finished getting gifts for everyone and wrapped them. I just hope that Nika likes the gift I got her.

When we got off our flight. I only ran into a couple of fans at the airport, but no reporters. So our surprise will definitely work, as long as we are not noticed by anyone at the gate.

We had enough time to check into our hotel room before we head to the game. So before we left for the game we decided to wear UConn hoodies and sunglasses to help hide from people who might recognize us and blow our cover. Like Holly Rowe.