Chapter 30: Softball Rivalry

Jade

Today is the day that I will verse my rival Sky Hamilton. We have been rivals since High school. We are not like Paige and Caitlin who are friends that the media pins against each other.

I haven't told Nika about Sky and how we don't like each other. Because even though Sky and I don't get along. I will not mess with her life. I also don't want to be that girlfriend that makes there significant other hate someone just because I don't get along with them. I'm just not that type of person.

But Nika and the rest of the UConn Women's Basketball team will find out about our rivalry today. But me and Sky called a truce while we are around them. So we are going to pretend that it's just the media pinning us against each other.

I know that it's technically a lie, but I don't want to hurt anyone even if she is my rival.

When I woke up this morning, I had to get up and around to go back and get ready for the game.

Nika really wanted to ride with me but she had practice this morning for her big game tomorrow. But right after practice the whole team is going to come watch. Even Geno is going.

I gave her a kiss before I drove off to campus.

The drive is only a hour. So when I got back to the house the whole team was getting ready for the game.

Maddie- Great timing we are all getting ready to go get something small to eat before the game. Do you want to go?

Sure just let me get my bag and I'll follow you guys there.

We ended up at Starbucks. I guess my teammates needed their caffeine. The whole team was here and we definitely are ready for this game. I definitely have the drive to win this game and so do my teammates. They always have my back.

We had fans come in and we signed autographs and took multiple pictures. I even gave them advice. The fans definitely motivates us.

After all of that we head to the stadium and walked to the locker rooms. I got a message from Nika saying that she is here with her team. She also told me good luck and that even though she is a UConn husky, she is rooting for me. Then another text came through saying that Paige, Azzi, and Aaliyah are also rooting for me.

After we all finished getting ready, we walked through the tunnel into our dugout. Then we walked out onto the field to stretch and warm up.

When the crowd saw me walk out of the dugout they got very loud. I turned around and waved at the crowd.

Maddie- Have you gotten use to the crowd doing that every time they see you?

Nope it still catches me off guard.

Maddie- I see your family and Hana sitting right behind the back stop.

When I turned to look at my family they cheered and waved at me. And of course I waved back.

Maddie- and three rows up from them is the UConn Women's Basketball team.

When I looked up and made eye contact with Nika, the whole team waved at me.

Maddie- fans are going to be confused today because they thought they are here to cheer on their own softball team.

Well they are cheering us both on lol. Anyways let's warmup and hit a little bit before I have to catch for Sasha.

When we finish warmups and the other team finishes. The announcer starts to name off our starting lineup. When they announced my name the whole stadium went crazy.

I'm so ready to win this game. UConn bats first. The first batter got thrown out at first. The second batter managed to get on first, but then she decided to try and steal second, but I threw her out. The third batter also made it to first, and she didn't even try to steal second. The fourth batter was none other than Sky Hamilton.