Chapter 23: Christmas with the Taylors (Day 3)

Jade

It is Christmas morning, and I woke up in Nika's arms. But of course she's awake before me. Kissed the top of my head and said good morning.

Merry Christmas

Nika- Merry Christmas to you too.

We smiled at each other and kissed. When we parted she says...

Nika- I need to leave and go pretend like I slept in my bed. Because we definitely don't want your mom to catch us in the same bed.

True, so I will see you in a little while then.

Before she leaves, I kiss her one more time and then watch her leave. With a smile on my face I got up and brushed my hair. I will not change out of my pjs until we finish handing out presents and gifts.

A few minutes later, I heard people out in the hall yelling Merry Christmas and that it's time for presents. So I put on some socks before leaving my room and made sure to grab my bag that was full of gifts.

By the time I got to the living room everyone was already there waiting. I sat down in between Hana and Nika.

Caden and Hayden decided to hand out their gifts first because they were all the same a card filled with money or a gift card to some where.

Then Riley went and actually got everyone one their favorite cologne or perfume.

Nika- How did you know that this was my favorite?

Riley- a couple weeks ago I had Jade find out for me. So I am guessing she asked your sister or you.

Yeah I asked Hana.

Nika- Well thank you Riley.

Riley- You're welcome.

After that Hana gave everyone a gift. And they were very excited about it because again she proves that she is a good listener.

Then Nika handed out her gifts to everyone and she gave me mine last. When I opened it I knew she had listened to me. For the past few months I've kept saying I need a new bag for my catcher's gear but I could never find one that I liked yet.

When I pulled the bag out it was custom made. She literally ordered me a bag specifically for me and it's exactly what I wanted.

Thank you so much Nika. It's exactly what I needed and wanted.

Nika- Well you did complain about it for a couple of months now. I was just listening to you. And you're welcome.

I handed out the my gifts next. And when I handed Nika hers I knew that she was going to love it.

When She opened the box and pulled out the special edition Jordans I knew that I got her the right gift.

Nika- How did you get these? I tried so hard but they sold out.

It helps when you have a NIL deal with a distributor and I also got a great deal on them.

Nika- thank you so much

You are so welcome.

After that my parents gave us money instead of gifts. After that we all headed back up stairs to change for breakfast.

Nika

I just got done changing when I hear a knock on the door. When I opened it Addie was on the other side of it.

Addie- Can I come in I would like to discuss something with you?

Sure come on in.

When she comes in the atmosphere changed, and I started to get nervous.