Chapter 29: On to The NCAA tournament

Nika

I have so much going on in my life. I have the threat from Jade's mom. I have Sky who would not leave me alone, until I went off on her in private at the Valentine's Day party.

That night was rough. She was flirting and touching me the whole night, and then I just couldn't take it anymore. Plus I am in love with Jade. Jade is my world. I don't want Sky or anyone else ruining it.

I told Sky that I would never be with her the way she wants me to. I told her that I like someone else and that I wasn't going to tell her who. But I also told her that we can just be friends. And she agreed to just be friends, so it's definitely going a lot better.

I do feel a little guilty for not telling Jade, but it's too late now. I also feel guilty for not telling her about how her mom threatened me. But other than keeping those two things from her I have been very honest. I just hope not telling her doesn't come back and hurt me.

Anyways I'm just going to focus on the tournament. The first two rounds are taking place here and then we will fly to Indianapolis for the rest of the tournament. Luckily Jade's games are home games until after the tournament. So not only does she get to see me play in the tournament. I get to cheer her on at her home games.

Hana also gave me the heads up about her parents being there for her home games and how they are also going to be there for the final game of the tournament.

So yeah I'm going to hope and pray that her mom was lying about how if I don't break up with Jade, Jade will break up with me.

Anyways I'm getting ready for the first round of the tournament. Geno has been pushing us very hard during practice. I have full confidence and faith that my team will make it to the next round. But just like Jade told me. I will not understand estimate any of these teams. I am going to play like this game was my last. I encouraged the rest of the team to do the same.

The first team we are facing is High point. And I am ready to show them no mercy.

Before the game, Jade messaged me and told me good luck and that she will be watching. And like always her message made me smile and gave me a push to play hard and win.

As we walked through the tunnel to the court. I heard someone yelling my name. It was Sky. She told me good luck and I waved at her.

When the game started we didn't hold anything back and we showed high point why we are a number one seed in this tournament.

The game was going great until I got elbowed in the face. It was a hard elbow to the side of my face, so it caused me to fall down.

They stopped the clock to review it to see if it was on purpose. Why they did that I was getting checked out by the physical trainer.

We went back down the tunnel, so she can see if I can passed the concussion test. Which in the end I did pass and I am just going to have a bruise on my face tomorrow.

When I got back the referee's finally came to the conclusion that it wasn't a technical foul, so it's still high point's ball.

Paige- Don't worry Nika we have your back.

Azzi- you can say that again.

Aaliyah- And we are going to make them hurt.

I like the sound of that.

And with that we beat high point 95-42. So we definitely made them hurt. We shook hands and then went back to the locker room.

When I got to the locker room, and looked at my phone I see messages from Jade.