Chapter 17: Winning isn't Everything

Nika

I was getting ready for tip off and standing next to my was my sister. The tipped off to Paige. She passed it into the paint to Aaliyah. And Aaliyah got the lay up putting us up by two. Then we went down the other end and with a screen my sister shot a three putting them up by one. And it just went back and forth until they got us to turn over the ball. Which makes them run the ball back and increase their lead to five. By the end of the half we came back with the lead by two.

The crowd is loving it and we are definitely loving the atmosphere. When I looked up into the stands I noticed that Jade was sandwiched between Caitlin and Hailey. That's when I noticed that Hailey has her hand on her arm.

Paige noticed and came over and lead my to locker room.

Paige- just forget about Jade until the end of the game because we need you 100% focused. Use the anger if it will help us win.

I got in Paige and I am here to win so I am not leaving without that trophy, so are you with me.

Paige- Hell yeah.

Geno talked to us in the locker room telling us what we need to do to win this game. We all listened like our lives depended on it.

We walked back onto the court with more motivation and a bigger drive to win. We played like this was the last game we will ever play and showed Ball State why we are the number one team. We ended up winning 93-81. My sister played hard and scored 28 points. I scored 28 just like her but in total points I won by one point in the whole tournament. We hugged each other at the end of the game and told her that we will see her soon.

We had our interviews and talked about how I had a great time this year with the tournament and wouldn't mind doing it again. After all of that we headed to our hotel and changed for the party. I decided to wear something simple. I decided on a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I wore my hair down and put on a bomber jacket with my Jordan's.

After that we all headed to the party.

Jade

The party is in full swing and I already had a couple of drinks. I have been hanging out with Caitlin and Hailey since I met them at the tournament. Hana of course introduced us and of course had to fill them in with the drama between me and Nika.

Hana also came up with the idea that they help me get back at her sister for basically ghosting me. Caitlin said that she would but she likes her face too much. Hailey on the other hand was all for it, so she has been helping me show Nika that she actually does care about me, by making her think that I might be into another girl.

Just as we made it out the back door we heard the commotion from the front and knew that Nika just walked in with her teammates.

I talked Hailey into playing beer pong with me. We of course was winning and that's when I saw Nika walking out here with her teammates. She looks so hot and I literally can't take my eyes off her.

Hailey got me to focus back on the game and we won. I hugged Hailey and victory and whispered in my ear that Nika doesn't look happy. We smiled at each other when we pulled apart and I asked her to dance with me.

And just like the last time I put on a show. I noticed that Nika was trying so hard not to care, and Hailey was even keeping track of how many drinks she had. After we danced we decided to go over to play truth or dare.

The group was Maddie, Caitlin, Hana, Hayden, Paige, Azzi, Hailey, and me. We all looked at Nika.

Hana- come play Nika I know that you can't resist a dare.

Nika- okay fine I will join.

Paige- okay I will start. Caitlin truth or dare?

Caitlin- truth?