Chapter 26: The Champ is Back

Nika

I'm so hyped today because I get to go see Jade. Not only do I get to see her play, but I can actually be with her after the game.

There is a group of us going to cheer her on tonight. We are all in Sky's SUV heading to Penn State. And yes this means that Sky is with us. But honestly we have been becoming friends and she seems chill. Otherwise Paige, Azzi, Aaliyah, and Olivia ( a friend from the UConn softball team) is the rest of the group.

We already reserved hotel rooms, and it's at the same hotel that Jade and her team are staying. Which means we can stay together. Which I can't wait to hold her in my arms.

On the car ride, we talk, laugh, and sing. The only thing is we don't mention me and Jade being together in front of Sky and Olivia. To them we are going so I can meet up with my sister who is there cheering on her best friend Jade. Plus she knows that I am friends with Jade, so it won't be weird if I cheer her on. Sky and Olivia came to see how both teams play. So they can be prepared before their game against Ball State and Penn State.

As we got closer we started to talk about how excited we are.

Paige- I can't wait to see Hana and watch Jade play.

Me either. I miss my sister, and Jade is amazing at softball. I watched the championship game and I understand why she is the number one softball player.

Sky- Yeah I can't wait to meet your sister, and get intel on both teams.

Aaliyah- I just knew this was going to be a fun trip, and it's better than doing nothing for the weekend.

Azzi- I totally agree.

Olivia- Honestly I just want to watch the game. I love the atmosphere and can't wait to play in a couple of days.

Sky- so true it's way better in person than watching it on tv.

Agreed.

We kept on talking until we arrived and since we still have a couple of hours before the game starts, we decided to go check into our hotel rooms. We all went to our rooms and dropped our bags off.

I decided to change into a hoodie and sweatpants. I also grabbed a jacket and put on a beanie because it's still pretty chilly out.

When I met up with everyone else they had the same idea. We all put our hoods up before leaving the hotel, so it would be harder for people to recognize us.

As we got into the suv, I messaged Hana to see if she was already there.

Hana- Yeah I just got here and they should be getting ready to warm up and then we will be allowed in. Are you guys almost here yet?

Yes we are pulling into the parking lot right now. We will see you in a bit.

We finally found a parking spot and it's not that far away. So lucky, and we walked in with no problems.

Hana was already sitting in her seat when we all sat next to her. I introduced her to Sky and Olivia. Somehow Sky ended up sitting next to me on one side and my sister on the other.

When we sat down we noticed that Jade is warming up and already in her catcher's gear. She was catching for the pitcher who was warming up her arm. And like always the ball always stayed in front of her. I just can't wait for the game to begin.

When they finally were done warming up, Jade finally got to look up into the crowd. When she made eye contact with me she smiled really big. That smile makes me forget everyone around us and lights up my whole world.

We all waved to her and screamed let's go Ball State. I can see the determination in her eyes, before she turned to go to the dugout.

Hana- I can tell it's going to be a great game, and Jade is definitely ready to put Penn State in their place.