Chapter 21: Christmas with the Taylors (Day 1)

Nika

As we approach, Hana and I stare at this big house. Actually it's not a house it's a mansion. The driveway and the yard was in pristine condition and don't get me started on the fountain out front it was gorgeous. The house was bigger than the softball house that Jade lives in. Honestly I bet I could get lost in it.

I am definitely starting to feel overwhelmed and nervous. Jade grabs my hand before saying...

Jade- I know that you are probably thinking that this is not like a normal house and you are starting to overthink it. But don't worry because this is just a house I grew up in.

But I was definitely not prepared for this. I wasn't prepared for none of this.

Hana- neither was I.

Hayden- Like what my sister said don't overthink it. We are just like every other family. Just don't talk about politics, religion, or anything a republican wouldn't agree with.

Jade- exactly. Especially around our mom. She will give you a speech and then kick you out. Because all she cares about is the family image and politics.

Hayden- so yeah don't try to tango with our mom lol.

Hana- yeah I already know that rule. And Nika we are serious about this rule. I know that you never back down and you always stand up for your beliefs, but if you want to stay with Jade you have to follow this rule.

I understand, I just hope it doesn't kill me.

And with that we stopped right in front of the house. We all got out of the car and before we could grab our bags the house staff was already unloading it and taking them inside.

We followed them inside and they told us that they will be taking our bags to our rooms. And then standing in the foyer was the butler, Mr. James.

Mr. James- you're parents are in the family room?

Hayden- thank you James, and this Hana.

Mr. James- it's a pleasure to put a face to the name I hear about so often. ( then he looks at me.) So that means you are Nika, and it's a pleasure to meet you as well.

Me and Hana shook his hand and telling him that we are happy to meet him also. Then he told us if we needed anything we can just ask him. He even gave us his cell number so we can call him and text him.

After that we walked into the family room. And just like the rest of the house it is so clean and breathtaking. It does relax me a little bit to see all of the family pictures on the walls. But I still feel on edge and a little scared to touch anything.

The moment her parents seen us walk in they stood up and welcomed us. Then they hugged all of us. Which makes me feel a little better.

Addie- Welcome Home Jade

Dex- Yeah welcome home Jay.

Jade- I'm definitely glad to be home.

Hayden- so now that everyone is here are we ready for the festivities to begin.

Hana- I don't know what is going on but I am totally ready.

Addie- we are just waiting on Caden and his girlfriend Riley.

Just as she says that they walk through the doors. Jade runs over and hugs Riley.

Jade- I missed you.

Riley- I missed you too.

Caden- what about me?

Jade- I missed you too bro.