Chapter 22: Christmas with the Taylors (Day 2)

Jade

When I woke up I was still wrapped up in Nika's arms, and for the first time I woke up before her.
I laid there listening to her heart beat until I decided to move. Which made her tighten her grip and then smiled. She finally opens her eyes and looks down at me.

Nika- I can't let you go, because I don't want it to be morning yet.

Well it is morning and we have a lot to do today. Especially since we are hosting a party this evening.

Nika- You didn't tell me that you're hosting a Christmas Eve party.

Well it's more for my mom's job. The house is basically going to be filled with rich families and politicians. And of course majority of them are republicans.

Nika- why didn't you tell me about this?

Because I know that you already bought a nice outfit for Christmas Eve anyways.

Nika- How do you know that?

Because I told Hana to make sure that you brought an outfit that could be worn to Christmas Eve dinner.

Nika- you are lucky that I listen to my sister.

Is that the only reason why I am lucky? Because frankly I believe that I am just lucky to be able to call you my girlfriend. I just can't wait to tell my dad.

Nika- Me either.

By the way, what time is it?

Nika- (reach's for phone.) It's 8am. I guess we should get up.

Before she releases me she kisses me and I kiss her back. This is definitely something I wish we could do every morning. When we pull away and released me. I watched her walk through the bathroom door and over into her room.

Now I am getting around and changed , before meeting Nika and everyone downstairs. I am just wearing comfortable clothes for now and then I will change before the dinner party starts.

As I walked down the stairs I noticed that the crew and the staff setting up the rooms for the dinner party. That's when I see Mr. James.

Mr. James- Your mother just left for her meeting, and your father is in the weight room.

Thanks James. I am going to go meet my father in the weight room. When Nika comes down tell her where I went.

I walked down the hallway to the back of the house where the weight room is and it's right next to the basketball court.

When I walked in my dad is on the treadmill. I walked over and got on the treadmill that was next to his. That's when he noticed me.

Dex- Good Morning Jay. Just getting your morning exercise in too?

Good morning dad, and yeah I got to stay in shape because softball season is about to start. And I have another championship to win this year.

Dex- That's good, and it's great that you are focused. As long as you stay focused I have no doubt that you will keep your title.

Thanks dad. It really means a lot to me that you still believe in me.

Dex- I will always believe in you. So besides softball how have you been?

I have been doing a lot better. Especially since I finally am free from Matt. I have been focusing more on me, classes, and of course softball.

Dex- How about your social life?

Honestly I have been spending more time with friends, and I have a bigger following on social media now. Especially since the court case, and all of these NIL deals that I have made with companies.