Love, Lust And Lobster

Arizona's POV:

It was close to 3 pm and I was just locking up my office that Thursday afternoon. It was almost July 1st and the Summer Equinox had come and gone. I loved this time of year when I was growing up and have fond memories of staying outside later because of the extra sunlight.

In my adulthood, it felt like it gave me more time to accomplish my daily tasks. So basically, I was doing all the same things, but it was nice to have more light to do them in. For some reason, I felt less rushed those two months until just before September rolled around again and the light seemed to disappear in huge chunks as Summer welcomed back Autumn and then inevitably, Winter.

As I hustled to the parking garage, I was clearly zeroed in on my mission for the night. I had learned that morning that our former malpractice attorney had tried to take advantage of Callie, earlier that week. While I wasn't happy with Charley regarding her intoxicated behavior with my wife, I had learned from the incident. 

And what I learned about Callie from the ordeal was that even when she's drunk and on autopilot, I'm still Callie's first thought and the only woman in her life. Even though I wanted to be furious all day about the situation, I kept smiling when I thought about Callie and how she immediately pulled away and started talking about me when Charley kissed her. It was impossible not to fall harder for her, than I already thought possible, upon hearing her reaction to being kissed by Charley.

The more I thought about Callie, her actions, and my love for her that afternoon, I knew exactly what I needed to do. So, in between working, I formulated a plan for the night. I called my Mom, who was going to help me by picking up a couple things, namely groceries, and dropping them by the house. My Mother was also going to pack bags for our girls and keep them overnight so Callie and I could be alone this evening.

(I seriously have the most amazing Mother and Father to say the least! They are the reason why Callie and I stayed so sane when last minute things arose with Sophia or in our lives.)

As my plan took shape, I was excited about how Callie would react. I quickly decided we needed some romance that night and set things in motion. While I hurried out of the parking garage, I headed to my first stop on my way home. I knew I only had a few hours, as Callie was done that day at 5 pm with her office hours. 

Since we're academic faculty, we are required to have office hours, once a week, so students and residents can drop by and ask questions or talk. It's usually a rewarding experience, unless you have something to do or somewhere to be. Which, thanks to being Chief, we generally do.

My first stop after work, was at a department store not far from the hospital. I had already purchased the items I wanted online and just needed to pick them up. Being the upscale store that it was, their concierge service brought my things out to my car at the entrance. For the extra money I had spent, the prompt service was completely worth it. In under two minutes, I had my purchases and was off.

My next stop was to grab some chocolates and small dessert items from the bakery we use on the hill we live on, before heading home to start dinner. The owners are a fantastic husband and wife team that bend over backwards anytime we shop with them. In fact, after speaking with the wife that afternoon, she made and set aside what I needed, so all I had to do was grab the sweet treats and go. 

I had about 90 minutes at this point to cook our food, wrap my gifts and get dressed. It would be close, but it was doable as long as I stayed focused.

First, I started prepping and preparing the food I would need for our dinner. Bless my Mom's heart, but I was flabbergasted when I discovered she had chopped, diced, julienned, butterflied or did whatever was needed to all the ingredients I requested she pick-up. She had basically done the hard work, so now, all I had to do was throw it together, literally.