Here Comes The Rain Again

Arizona's POV:

"Somehow I already knew I'd be getting grilled by one of you today, but all of you? It feels like I'm answering to a firing squad!"

"Teddy, we just want to know what's going on with you? Are you and Becca still doing whatever it is, that you've been doing? First and foremost, I just want to make sure you're not getting hurt in all this." Renee reached her hand out and lovingly patted the top of Teddy's hand as she spoke.

"Renee, I know you're concerned for my wellbeing, but I'm fine. Chip and I have just been talking. We have a lot in common with our former military experience, that's all."

"I'd almost believe that Teddy, if I didn't know you better. For the record, I've been noticing the two of you seem to be more than just friendly by your body language today." I spoke up before the other two women could to call out Teddy on her current version of events. It probably wasn't surprising since I'm sure everyone expected I'd be the one to do it.

I noticed Teddy start to blush when my words registered with her. Teddy quickly looked around the room to make sure nobody had joined us before saying, "Arizona, Chip is a nice guy but I'm not trying to pursue anything with him."

"Uh huh, sure Teddy, sure. You never did answer Renee's question about Becca..." I decided to try and force more accurate information out of our friend.

"I guess I didn't answer, because I'm not sure myself. One minute Becca and I are going great and then the next minute, things fizzle out. It's like she wants me, but then realizes she doesn't want a relationship with me and she disappears for a while. It's been maddening and frustrating to say the least. And honestly, it's been painful for me to live through."

"Wait a minute Teddy, are you saying what I think you're saying?" Callie decided to interject herself into the conversation. "Are you fed up with Becca using you like a yo-yo and breaking your heart all the time? And here I thought Becca would be the one to screw you over!"

I elbowed my wife, who was sitting next to me at the table. "Calliope Torres! I can't believe you just said that!" 

I really was stunned by Callie's bold statement and thought it was something we should have kept between us. Oh well, the cat was out of the bag, now.

"Owww, Arizona! Geez, you hit me kinda hard just now!" Callie was rubbing her elbowed side and looked grimaced in pain for a moment. For the record, I didn't elbow her with much force, so I knew she wasn't truly in real pain, mostly just caught off-guard.

"Yet, it still won't stop your mouth from having this happen again, the next time..." Callie silently nodded in agreement with my statement as the other two laughed at our interchange. Now, only a few seconds later, and Callie was suddenly agreeing with me? She cracks me up sometimes with how quickly she can experience a range of emotions. Sophia is the exact same way, lord help me...

"Oh Arizona, don't bruise your wife up too much, because she's right. If I've been thinking the same thing about Becca, and I'd be shocked if you three haven't been as well. I care for Becca, very much. I've fallen for her, in fact. Yet, she's always had the upper hand in our relationship from minute one."

"I think she deeply cares for you Teddy, but is afraid to commit to you. Maybe it's because she's not comfortable being in a same sex relationship? Maybe she's afraid of being in any committed relationship? I guess Becca is the only person who knows why she has been acting the way she has, but there is one thing I do know. I know the person you are dating, should love and protect you from getting hurt. And at the very least, that person shouldn't be the one causing your hurt."

Renee had a very serious look on her face as she voiced her concerns to Teddy. I knew that look from when we dated and knew how protective my ex was when it came to the people she loved. It was an aspect of her that made it easy to fall in love with Renee. Now, it was something I cherished about having her as a friend.