Summer On The Shore Part III

Arizona's POV:

I was laying on a patio lounger, when I realized I had fallen asleep. Last thing I knew that Sunday afternoon, I was reading a book and enjoying the mid-70 degree temperatures while everyone around me was busy doing nothing too.

Now, as I started to come to life, I was cognizant that I was the only one outside. Everyone else was either inside or must have gone down to the beach, because all I could hear were the sounds of the waves crashing and seagulls squawking. As I sat up a little taller in my lounge chair, I noticed a shadow start to form over the top of me. As I looked up to see who it was, I heard Callie's voice.

"Good afternoon, sweetheart. How was your nap?" Callie sat down next to me as I slid over a few inches. She bent down and kissed my lips, as she softly brushed my cheek.

"I didn't realize I had fallen asleep! How long did I sleep? My watch and phone are inside. And where is everyone?"

Callie was gently rubbing my right arm when she spoke. "Almost for an hour. You looked so peaceful, that none of us wanted to disturb you. We've been inside playing games and watching TV. I just came out to check on you when I noticed you were, 'among the living,' again. And isn't it wonderful that you have no clue what time it is, for a change?"

"It is a wonderful thing to not know what time it is, or to have someplace to be for a change. I couldn't agree with you more, Callie." We both shared a deep kiss as we heard the screened patio door open and then, loudly slide shut.

"Mama's up!" Sophia came sprinting towards me, although she sounded more like a stampede of water buffalo than a 10 year old, and leapt into my arms.

"Well, good afternoon, Bug. How are you?" I started tickling Sophia's stomach and sides as she started to attack me back. Her giggles were adorably genuine and I could feel her obvious joy and happiness that was rolling off of her. At least so far, Soph seemed to be having a good time on our trip.

"I hate to break-up this tickle-fest you ladies are having, but it's almost 3 pm. Don't forget you two that Rachel and her wife, Em, are coming over to make us dinner tonight. They are showing up around 5 pm."

"I didn't forget Mom and I know you said I need to take a bath or a shower before dinner." Still snuggled into me, on the opposite side of the lounger from Callie, Sophia sighed while she spoke. Her voice was monotone, but we could tell she was aware of what she needed to do next.

"Well, I'm only asking so you can wash that beach/ocean smell you acquired this afternoon, off your body. Otherwise, I'm not sure if anyone will want to sit next to you tonight at dinner."

"Mom! I don't smell that bad!" Soph started playfully trying to tickle Callie, as Callie attacked Sophia. That's when, both of them started wrestling with one another, directly on top of me. While it was cute and funny at first, I realized it was time for them to stop before one of us got hurt, namely me.

"Alright my two adorable girls, your Mama and wife is done being your gym mat at the moment and I really could use a bathroom. So, time to give me a break and take your tickle war elsewhere." I kissed Soph's forehead and then Callie's lips before they got up.

I could hear their voices start to trail off as they went back inside. "You realize Sophia, this is a good time for you to hop in the shower?"

"I know, Mom. I will go in and get it over with..."

I was chuckling to myself when I heard the screen door slide open and then closed again. That's when I decided to go in and check on Maddy. She was sleeping and under the supervision of Ari and Renee, whom I profusely thanked, as I walked by the three of them in the main room. And even though I hadn't played in the ocean water that day like Sophia, I decided to head upstairs to use the bathroom and take a quick shower before dinner, just so I could wake up.

The Aftermath of Callie and Arizona - Volume IIजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें