Summer On The Shore Part II

Callie's POV:

It was our first full day of vacation and for once, I was excited to get out of bed and get moving. I had so many plans for the day and the next nine full days of our vacation, that I was eager to get started. For once in my life, I seemed to be the only one up. As I laid in bed, I noticed how silent the house was, with the exception of the sounds of the ocean that was only a football field from our backdoor.

When I woke-up enough, I looked over at the clock. It was just after 5 am and still dark outside. At that time of year given our latitude, sunrise wouldn't start for at least another hour.

We had placed Madelyn, who was sleeping in her portable crib, about 25 feet from our bed in the Master suite Arizona and I were staying in. I could not only hear Maddy's breathing, but could hear Arizona's breathing for a change. My poor wife had picked up something from one of her patient's a number of weeks ago, but the congestion continued to hang on.

Now, this may make me sound terrible, but there are moments I miss being with Arizona so much, that I've woken her up. It's rare, especially as we've gotten older as a couple, but there are times I just want her with me, regardless if she's sleeping. It's admittedly a selfish thing, but I have, "accidentally," woken her up in the past, just so I wouldn't be lonely. That first morning of our vacation, was one of those mornings.

I had to be careful so I didn't disturb Maddy, so I quickly formulated a plan. I rolled over on my side, so I was facing Arizona. Her back was to me, as she was sleeping on her side. From the glow of ambient lighting in the room and from the exterior house lights, I could see her face. She looked so peaceful and insanely beautiful all at the same time. I just couldn't help myself and had to snuggle her into me.

So, I did the next logical thing and wrapped my arms around her midsection and spooned Arizona into me. I heard her gasp, and then take a deep breath. I held her a little tighter as she started to come to life.

"Calliope? What time is it?" Arizona and I began whispering, so as not to to wake-up, Madelyn.

"Sorry sweetie, I thought I heard you stir and that's why I rolled over to cuddle you."

Of course my last sentence was a complete lie, but if you knew how gorgeous my wife is, you'd know why I couldn't keep my hands off of her.

"What are you doing up, Callie? Is Madelyn okay?"

"She's still sleeping and I just woke up for no reason other than I'm excited to be here, especially with you." I squeezed Arizona even more, as she began to roll her body over, so we were facing one another. That's when she planted a huge kiss on my lips.

"Sorry about my, morning breath, Callie. Even I find it offensive this morning! It feels like I have actual 'fur,' growing on my teeth, yuck! I'll be so happy when I'm over this congestion and stop breathing through my mouth when I sleep."

I returned a deep kiss back to Arizona as I then whispered, "I don't mind your morning breath, but feel horrible about mine. Sorry, sweetheart."

"Callie, I don't mind at all... in fact..."

And before I knew what was happening, Arizona started passionately kissing me with a fever I hadn't seen in a while. I knew what was about to happen, but still decided to play it coy. That's when Arizona decided to surprise me and did something that seemed to come out of nowhere, as she handed me her panties she had been wearing while we slept.

"Does this mean, what I think it means, Arizona? And aren't you slick, Dr. Robbins! If I wasn't so turned on right now, I'd be a little alarmed at how quickly and effortlessly you were able to remove your underwear!"