A True Friend Stabs You In The Front

Arizona's POV:

"Sophia? Can you do me a favor and watch your sister for a moment?"

I had just put Maddy in her baby walker after gating off the media room. Minutes ago, she had finished some applesauce and chicken and seemed raring to go. I on the other hand, needed to go back to finishing up dinner so the lasagna was in the oven at the appropriate time.

"Okay, be right there, Mama." Sophia was in her bedroom responding before I heard her loud footsteps get even louder as she got closer.

"Thanks Bug for keeping an eye on Maddy. I need to go back to making dinner so it's ready on time this evening. Let me know if you girls need me, alright?"

"Will do Mama, will do." Soph plopped on the floor in front of her sister and started playing peek-a-boo with her. She had become such a tremendous big sister since Madelyn's arrival, 10 months ago.

As I was getting ready to go back to the kitchen, the doorbell rang. Sophia and I exchanged puzzled looks to one other as we weren't expecting any guests.

"Bug, I'll go get the door, while you ladies stay here." Sophia nodded and went back to sticking her tongue out so Maddy would squeal with laughter.

When I opened the door, there was Teddy. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail and she was wearing scrubs. She looked like she was both tired and emotionally drained.

"Well, hello! Come on in and get out of the rain. How are you? Is everything okay?"

Teddy hung up her jacket and said, "Sorry for dropping by unannounced. I was in the neighborhood and was hoping you'd be home. Arizona? Do you have some time to talk?"

"I have time if you don't mind watching me finish up the lasagna I'm making. You're welcome to come chat with me in the kitchen. The girls are playing in the media room and Callie will be home a little bit later tonight."

Teddy nodded and followed me down the hall and to the kitchen. That's when a set of questions hit me regarding what Teddy just said.

"Wait a minute, what were you doing in our neighborhood to begin with? And why are you wearing scrubs? I thought you were weren't working today?"

"First off, can I trouble you for a glass of wine?"

"Sure. Something white, I assume?"

"Please and thank you, Arizona. Now as for your questions, I have been in your neighborhood since the conclusion of the symphony last night. And, I'm wearing scrubs because it was all I had in my car and sounded better than wearing the dress I had on yesterday."

I couldn't help myself and raised my eyebrows at Teddy's words. I wasn't truly shocked, but was more surprised with how bluntly she told me. It almost seemed like she wanted me to react...

"Oh, I see. Sounds like you had a nice date with Chip then."

"It was nice, the symphony was great, dinner was lovely and of course Chip, was the perfect gentleman."

"In that case, it sounds like a wonderful date and Chip, is definitely a respectable person."

I set down a mostly filled wine glass in front of Teddy, who instantly took a large swallow that emptied the Chardonnay down to a third of the volume it once was.

"So, that's all you're going to say, Arizona? I assumed you would make some kind of comment about me sleeping with Chip after knowing him for only a short amount of time?!"

"Teddy, it's not my place to say anything unless you don't feel safe with Chip. I don't think he's an individual that would purposefully hurt you. If you're happy with him, that's all that matters."